Windows 10: page numbering starts over on last few pages

Discus and support page numbering starts over on last few pages in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Page numbering starts over in a 30 page document on pages 29 and 30. How do I get numbering to continue to the last page?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by William R.Smith, Jan 23, 2020.

1. page numbering starts over on last few pages

Page numbering starts over in a 30 page document on pages 29 and 30. How do I get numbering to continue to the last page?

:)

William R.Smith, Jan 23, 2020

2. page numbering

Hi sbi33. Welcome to the TenForums @sbi33

What product are you using, sounds like Word, which year.

Not sure what year you are using, here are instructions for 2013.

Could I suggest you start a new document, make it simple a word on each page, say three pages long. Then in Word 2013, which would be like 2016, click on Insert along the top, then page number, then bottom of page. There should be page numbers on all pages. Is there?

The ribbon should change to Header Footer Tools, then click Page number and then Format page number and choose start on page 2. Did this work.?

If the above worked then there is formatting within your current doc that is restricting pages. If it didn't work then I would suggest there is something corrupt within your app.

Caledon Ken, Jan 23, 2020
  3. sbi33 Win User
    page numbering

Hi Both

I am using Word 2013.

Did as you suggested, created four pages. First page has 2 at bottom and increasing numbers to page four which is 5.

I have quite a few "Page Breaks," there is also a "Section Break (Next Page)" on the page before where I want the numbering to start. there are about 40 jpgs set within the body of the text.

Switched on the Show/Hide facility can see nothing unusual.

Therefore seems likely to be a formatting problem some where, how can I find that? Please.

Yes, as above, I do have a Section Breaks as I want the numbering to start on page 8.

It is a Family History book so do not want the title page, Preface, Contents etc to be numbered, Would like it to start where the story starts.

Does the page numbering facility have a limit to the number of pages that can be numbered?

sbi33, Jan 23, 2020
  4. sbi33 Win User

page numbering starts over on last few pages

page numbering

trying to number pages in a doc. the first page number to start on the sixth age. Followed the Microsoft doc titled " start page numbering later in your document" It is refusing to number all the pages just attaches a number to page 1. Tried removing page number and tried again but still will not number beyond page 1?
    Why not? What do i need to do to make it work?

sbi33, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

page numbering starts over on last few pages

1. page numbering starts over on last few pages - Similar Threads - page numbering starts

2. Page numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page numbers: How do I get rid of the page number on the bottom of the document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-numbers/8bf43c12-1a14-403e-ac13-4f767cd6a3b3
  3. Start Page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Page: When working in a program, my PC goes back to Start page frequently and I have to restart the program. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-page/4ed408ab-1a0d-4a01-8d5a-339e5b706858
  4. Page Number Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page Number Help: Hi this may seem like a trivial question to some, however while trying to insert a page number header into a word document I appear to be getting some form of crazy ass text. Please tell me there is a simple solution and I don't have to submit an assignment with it on :(...
  5. Last Page Blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last Page Blank: When I print from Windows 10, my printer prints what I want, and always gives me a blank sheet of paper at the end of every print job. Doesn't matter if I print a word, excel, pdf file. I have Windows 7 at home with 3 printers and this doesn't happen. It has got to be a...
  6. Changing page numbers

Changing page numbers: How can I change page numbers in Word 365 so that they look like 2.2-1, 2.2-2? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-page-numbers/ea849eab-53e9-44ad-851c-b81f3d75930c
  7. Start Page

Start Page: I just did a factory restoral and installed Win 10. When I click on the Start button, what comes up is a small square taking up about 15% of my desktop. What I'd like to know is: Can that small area be expanded. When I had it before the restoral, and on my laptop also, it...
  8. start page

start page: hi, i have somehow lost the opening page when I click on the window key, i can have the apps page or the list of squares page but not the two together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-page/5cadc4f0-ca6d-461a-8262-4a444dbbeafa
  9. edge starting with one of last pages

in Browsers and Email
    edge starting with one of last pages: does anyone no why edge starts with the one of the last pages after shutting down edge and the computer it will at times restart with one of the last pages, this is even after I make sure I am on my home page and then close edge and shut down computer, this has been going on...
  10. page numbering

in Microsoft Office and 365
    page numbering: trying to number pages in a doc. the first page number to start on the sixth age. Followed the Microsoft doc titled " start page numbering later in your document" It is refusing to number all the pages just attaches a number to page 1. Tried removing page number and tried...