Windows 10: page numbering

Discus and support page numbering in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Could you share how he fixed it. Thanks Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sbi33, Feb 2, 2018.

1. page numbering

Could you share how he fixed it. Thanks

Caledon Ken, Feb 6, 2018
  2. sbi33 Win User

Yes, of course

But I sent him the file and he worked on it on his own computer, I will be seeing him over the weekend and get him to set down what he did and then post it.

sbi33, Feb 7, 2018
  3. sbi33 Win User
    Hello.
    This is the 'fix' from my son.
    If not clear come back to me and I'll forward your message onwards.

=====================
    Section Breaks are the right way to do the page numbering starting from a defined page.
    Insert a Section Break and click into the header or footer space.
    There are two key labels to look out for depending on which version of Word you are running.
    1. Create a document and bang a few carriage returns in. Insert a Section Break.
    2. On the second page, click into the header space and immediately after the section break in the header section you may see Section2-Header-First-Page or similar. If you insert the page number at the end of this 'first' page, you won't see the page number entered on the third page. If you put in a few carriage returns and a Page Break, you'll see in the header section of the third page something like Section2-Header. You will need to insert a page number field on this page as well. This will then carry page numbering on through the document.
    3. The second label to look out for is the ‘Same as Previous’ in the header and footer areas. Highlighting these and de-selecting the option in the ribbon menu at the top of the screen seems to stop Word being ‘clever’ and trying to carry your numbering formatting up and down the document. It’s important to note that this menu option appears only when you are editing within the header or footer areas.

sbi33, Feb 10, 2018
  4. SoFine409 Win User

page numbering

Thanks sdi33. I remembered the "Same as previous" option but couldn't remember how to get to it. It's been more then three years since I stopped writing technical manuals. I actually don't miss it at all.

SoFine409, Feb 11, 2018
  5. sbi33 Win User
    Hi SoFine.
    Sounds like you have the same best job ever - being retired.
    *Smile

sbi33, Feb 11, 2018
  6. Wow, we would never have figured that out. Thanks for posting. I work for the same company as SoFine, the company of Me.

Caledon Ken, Feb 11, 2018
  7. sbi33 Win User
    Thanks both for all your comments and help offered, much appreciated.

sbi33, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

page numbering

1. page numbering - Similar Threads - page numbering

2. what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...: what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I entered in word 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-causes-my-endnote-reference-number-to-skip/6ed32331-9abb-43a4-9362-bdb93ec6ec2e
  3. what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...: what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I entered in word 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-causes-my-endnote-reference-number-to-skip/6ed32331-9abb-43a4-9362-bdb93ec6ec2e
  4. what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does my keyboard only type numbers on the log in page, once logged in it works normally.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my keyboard only type numbers on the log in page, once logged in it works normally.: Hi Can anyone help.I have managed with the help of this community via a previous post to get my Acer laptop keyboard typing number and letters once I am logged in but the problem now is that unless I am logged in my keyboard does not work properly. If I log out and the local...
  6. Why does my keyboard only type numbers on the log in page, once logged in it works normally.

Why does my keyboard only type numbers on the log in page, once logged in it works normally.: Hi Can anyone help.I have managed with the help of this community via a previous post to get my Acer laptop keyboard typing number and letters once I am logged in but the problem now is that unless I am logged in my keyboard does not work properly. If I log out and the local...
  7. Why does my keyboard only type numbers on the log in page, once logged in it works normally.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why does my keyboard only types numbers on the log in Page, once logged in it is ok.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my keyboard only types numbers on the log in Page, once logged in it is ok.: Hi Can anyone help.I have managed with the help of this community via a previous post to get my Acer laptop keyboard typing number and letters once I am logged in but the problem now is that unless I am logged in my keyboard does not work properly. If I log out and the local...
  9. Why does my keyboard only types numbers on the log in Page, once logged in it is ok.

Why does my keyboard only types numbers on the log in Page, once logged in it is ok.: Hi Can anyone help.I have managed with the help of this community via a previous post to get my Acer laptop keyboard typing number and letters once I am logged in but the problem now is that unless I am logged in my keyboard does not work properly. If I log out and the local...
  10. Why does my keyboard only types numbers on the log in Page, once logged in it is ok.

in Windows 10 Customization