Windows 10: Page Opens While Comp is in Sleep Mode, etc

Discus and support Page Opens While Comp is in Sleep Mode, etc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Weird things have happened today.. Generally I'm pretty careful online - don't download things from weird links, etc. I've unfortunately gotten a lot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KenzieKnight, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Page Opens While Comp is in Sleep Mode, etc

Weird things have happened today..

Generally I'm pretty careful online - don't download things from weird links, etc. I've unfortunately gotten a lot of trojans on computers in the past.

When I got this computer, I noticed interesting things. Like suddenly, I can't scroll on some pages with the mouse wheel. Or when I download images, the taskbar icons refresh. Sometimes my internet randomly disconnects and it takes a moment to get back into it because it doesn't show up in my internet connection options for a solid minute, etc.

However, something concerning happened.

I left at 6 for therapy and returned home around 8:30 and opened my computer. Rather than need to press the power button, it automatically came up. When I entered my password, my computer lagged for a brief moment when entering in, and I noticed a few things.

1. Paint Tool SAI, a program I use to draw, was closed. It was not like that when I left.

2. A page was open I didn't open - the Microsoft log in screen, left on the password. I tried pressing the back button to see if the page had been manually looked up, but no. It was like one of those links from the email confirmation that tells you your account 'needs fixing' (which I was reassured that's generally normal for new accounts.)

Does this.. Open on it's own sometimes? Do you think my PC is bugged?

Thanks,

Kenzie

:)

KenzieKnight, Jul 10, 2019

2. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and chrome browser problem opening pages after sleep mode

After I upgraded to latest windows 10 build (1151) ,I seem to have a problem of Chrome opening the first several requested web pages after computer comes out of "sleep" mode. I get the page that says cannot connect . After I hit retry it finds it . Sometimes the web pages don't load properly ie no pictures , just a listing or the picture color is not right. After a reload it works fine. After the first few pages of problems everything works fine again. It's like Windows or Chrome is having some delays accessing the requested pages when starting from a sleep mode. Any ideas? Tks

sportflyer, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Page Opens While Comp is in Sleep Mode, etc

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Page Opens While Comp is in Sleep Mode, etc

1. Page Opens While Comp is in Sleep Mode, etc - Similar Threads - Page Opens While

2. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  3. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  4. Random Beeps while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Beeps while in sleep mode: Dell InspirionWindows 11When my PC goes into sleep mode it begins to sound alerts at varying intervals. Sounds like hardware remove and add sounds.I have tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to no avail. My only work around is to mute my PC before I know I won't...
  5. Random Beeps while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Beeps while in sleep mode: Dell InspirionWindows 11When my PC goes into sleep mode it begins to sound alerts at varying intervals. Sounds like hardware remove and add sounds.I have tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to no avail. My only work around is to mute my PC before I know I won't...
  6. going to sleep mode while working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    going to sleep mode while working: Hi, I need a little help with my pc. Recently I have been having a problem with my laptop going into sleep mode randomly even if I'm using it at the moment it happens. Sometimes it happens, once I turn it on, it doesn't happen anymore for a few hours. But sometimes it goes...
  7. Sound/comp issues, stuttering static etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound/comp issues, stuttering static etc: I've been having an issue for a week or so now involving my sound. The issue is static and popping noise with my computer lagging at times. It happens most when I'm loading something or downloading something otherwise it happens at random. I did a LatancyMon which I attached....
  8. Sound/comp issues, stuttering static etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound/comp issues, stuttering static etc: I've been having an issue for a week or so now involving my sound. The issue is static and popping noise with my computer lagging at times. It happens most when I'm loading something or downloading something otherwise it happens at random. I did a LatancyMon which I attached....
  9. Windows 10 and chrome browser problem opening pages after sleep mode

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and chrome browser problem opening pages after sleep mode: After I upgraded to latest windows 10 build (1151) ,I seem to have a problem of Chrome opening the first several requested web pages after computer comes out of "sleep" mode. I get the page that says cannot connect . After I hit retry it finds it . Sometimes the web pages...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web browser opens as soon as i come back from sleep mode