Windows 10: Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over.

Discus and support Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Preface: The problem is happening on a desktop. I am using Windows 10. I am using a wired mouse from Logitech. Issue: When the pointer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cpt. Rex, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Cpt. Rex Win User

Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over.

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Preface:[/COLOR]

• The problem is happening on a desktop.
    • I am using Windows 10.
    • I am using a wired mouse from Logitech.

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Issue:[/COLOR]

• When the pointer is hovering over the Windows/Start Menu, the mouse automatically scrolls down until it hits rock bottom. If I have the pointer hovering over the said area while pressing "Ctrl" key, the scrolling stops.
    • When the pointer is hovering over a work area in Excel, the work area automatically scrolls to the right. If I have the pointer hovering over the said area while pressing "Ctrl" key, the work area zooms in.
    • When using Chrome, Edge, IE browsers, if there is a page that has horizontal scrolling, the page scrolls tor the right. If I have the pointer hovering over the said area while pressing "Ctrl" key, the scrolling stops.
    • When hovering over any dropdown menu, the menu automatically collapses.

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]I have tried the following, but the problem persists:[/COLOR]

• Updated Windows 10 to 20H2 version.
    • Updated the mouse driver from Logitech.
    • Used a different wireless mouse from Elecom.
    • Turned off "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" option from [Settings] > [Devices] > [Mouse]
    • Ran Windows Defender's scan no threats detected.
    • Ran the following on cmd as administrator:
      sfc /scannow
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Does anyone have solutions/suggestions for this?[/COLOR]

:)

Cpt. Rex, Mar 9, 2021

2. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion. Uncontrollable scrolling on windows 10 - December 2019 - Forums - CNET
    Other than restore or reset, I've done several of the "fixes" listed. (Latest drivers, etc.) The only thing that worked is logging out, and back in. But this fix is temporary. Restarting the machine brings it back, and I have to Log Out/In again to stop it. This makes no sense. Any ideas how to rectify this short of reinstalling windows?

Machine is a MSI GS75 Stealth 9SF
    Win 10 Home
    16gb RAM
    i7-9750H
    nVidia RTX2070

CalypsoArt, Mar 9, 2021
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over. [​IMG]

mrgeek, Mar 9, 2021
  4. SD_SC Win User

Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over.

Resizable Windows 10 Start Menu and Vertical v. Horizontal Scroll

Dear Mx. Manohar,

Your canned response does not address the question that is asked here in this thread repeatedly.

Specifically:

How can we get horizontal scrolling of the START screen back?

I have multiple reasons for this:

• I have a wide-screen laptop. Scrolling vertically is at cross purposes to my using the horizontal "real estate" available.
    • Vertical scrolling is counterintuitive; it's like looking at a Web page that goes on and on and on instead of paging through a book (horizontal scrolling). I do not read books, newspapers, e-books, or anything else as if it were on a long roll of toilet
      paper. I move left to right. I do not design Web sites to scroll on and on.
    • Accessibility is poor with this layout. I have arthritis. Horizontal scrolling is much more user friendly. A quick swipe in 8.1 took me to the end of my Start Screen Groups. The touch screen in 8.1 was a godsend to those of us who have used computers
      for years and years and must be efficient and careful--or who have arthritic problems of any kind. With Windows 10, I have to use much uncomfortable swiping to move through the vertical icon layout. The screen is much less responsive in the Windows 10 vertically
      scrolling layout. Painful. It forces me to use the mouse more and the touch screen less.
    So again, how do I go back to horizontal scrolling? Can you please address this part of the question? Thank you for considering this query.

SD_SC, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over. - Similar Threads - Page uncontrollably scrolls

2. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  3. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  4. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  6. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  7. Scrolling uncontrollable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling uncontrollable: Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers on but disappears...
  8. Uncontrollable Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uncontrollable Scrolling: After the most recent Windows 10 update I now experience odd moments of uncontrollable scrolling. Anywhere in the settings app, if the page can be scrolled down it will scroll down to the bottom even after resizing the window. In the task manager, the Details and Services...
  9. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.: This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion....
  10. Scrolling is uncontrolable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling is uncontrolable: Hello ! I have a terrible problem , It's been a week since i first saw this problem , whenever I scroll down it goes up a few lines and when I scroll up it goes down a few lines and it is hard th scroll up or down or in games to zoom in or out. If some one can help me I...