Windows 10: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys)

Discus and support PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting a BSOD crash that happens randomly. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dpelletier360, Mar 18, 2015.

1. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys)

I'm getting a BSOD crash that happens randomly. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.

If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys)

I'm running Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041
    I also had this issue when running build 9926 and updating to the current build has not resolved this issue.
    I don't know if this a related issue but since updating to build 10041 my laptop has randomly froze and completely locked up until I did a hard shutdown. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
    Here's the required information.
    Attachment 14817

:)

dpelletier360, Mar 18, 2015

2. Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 12 days ago and like everyday, I was trying to run Speccy. Just when I clicked on the icon to open Speccy and then clicked on Yes in UAC prompt, my PC restarted and I got BSoD with the error message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    (cpuz138_x64.sys). What's wrong? What should I do?

Nil Mustafi, Mar 18, 2015
  3. My computer keeps blue screening with the error "irql not less or equal" (Windows 10)

*******************************************************************************

* Bugcheck Analysis

*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {830f9fc, f, 1, fffff8028223b6a7}

Unable to load image \??\C:\Users\carhu\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz138\cpuz138_x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cpuz138_x64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
    cpuz138_x64.sys

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Please remove HWMonitor. Select the keyboard shortcut
    WIN+X,
    select Control Panel, Programs and Features, place the cursor on
    HWMonitor, right click and select Uninstall from the drop down menu.

Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 18, 2015
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

I also have got the same issue, but just for once.

This is a driver from Cupid's CPU-z actually. For me, the source of the failing module was Speccy, which also includes this driver.

I ma not seeing Speccy or CPU-z installed there in your computer. But teh location of the failing module is in the temp folder.
    Code: Image path: \??\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cpuz138\cpuz138_x64.sys Image name: cpuz138_x64.sys[/quote] Code: cpuz138 cpuz138 \??\c:\windows\temp\cpuz138\cpuz138_x64.sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No[/quote] Apparently anything in temp is not very necessary. You may delete this file in temp folder and see how it goes.

Another thing, you have 31 startup items. Too far. You should disable them other than Defender and OneDrive (f.lux is a personal choice).

5. cshadd Win User
    So this was caused by Speccy?

cshadd, Jul 30, 2015
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
  7. DLWeiss Win User
    I had to uninstall the latest version of Speccy (v128) linked to above because of this same BSOD error referencing that older version of CPU-Z in the temp folder installed by Speccy. This is a clean Win10 Pro 64 "RTM" install where there was never an earlier version of Speccy installed.

DLWeiss, Aug 7, 2015
  8. TGM
    tgm Win User

Thema:

1. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys) - Similar Threads - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA cpuz138_x64 sys

2. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys: Holaaa, acabó de tener un problema con mi notebook. Tengo Windows 11 y a veces me da una pantallazo azul con el error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA y lo que falla es: rtwlane601.sys . La verdad no entiendo que es lo que falla y me agradecería mucho si me alguien me ayudara....
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys: Holaaa, acabó de tener un problema con mi notebook. Tengo Windows 11 y a veces me da una pantallazo azul con el error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA y lo que falla es: rtwlane601.sys . La verdad no entiendo que es lo que falla y me agradecería mucho si me alguien me ayudara....
  4. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: I have an issue with windows that occur when i changed something i can't revert back from in safe mode. also it causes issue in accessing safe mode without multi attempts. here is some image of issue....
  5. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: I have an issue with windows that occur when i changed something i can't revert back from in safe mode. also it causes issue in accessing safe mode without multi attempts. here is some image of issue....
  6. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: hello a have this problem: [ATTACH] I try restore but dont working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pagefaultinnonpagedarea-what-failed-wdf01000sys/9a0a276e-2499-4535-a86a-b1dbc2008dee
  7. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -- What failed: Netwtw06.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -- What failed: Netwtw06.sys: I've gotten this blue screen several times in the past two days. 1. I tried doing a Windows Memory Diagnosis -- it didn't find any issues. 2. I tried a startup recovery -- also didn't find any issues. 3. Tried checking the Device Management to see if anything needed to be...
  8. netwtw06.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

netwtw06.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: I started getting the BSOD regularly every day after the recent windows automatic update. I am not sure how to correct this. I did notice that it would crash more frequently when using certain programs like accessing Asana online while using Zoom. Not sure what it is. Any...
  9. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys)

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys): My laptop started to bluescreen recently w/ windows 10. It has this message: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys) I have run a memory program, and it didn't find any errors in 1 pass, I am going to let it run over night and see if that helps. here are the .dmp...
  10. cpuz138_x64.sys causing PAGE_FAULT_IN-NONPAGED_AREA on boot

cpuz138_x64.sys causing PAGE_FAULT_IN-NONPAGED_AREA on boot: Exactly what it says on the tin. I've already ensured that CPU-Z, GPU-Z, OpenHardWareMonitor, Speccy, etc. are not/no longer installed on my system. What else can I do to ensure this issue stops happening? 17190