Windows 10: paged pool

Discus and support paged pool in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi i have windows 10 build 19041.508 cpu -19-10900k gpu nivida 2070 super 8g ddr6 vram 64g crucial balistic 3200mz ram 16g in 4 slots asus z490... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mines66, Sep 30, 2020.

1. mines66 Win User

paged pool

hi

i have windows 10 build 19041.508

cpu -19-10900k

gpu nivida 2070 super 8g ddr6 vram

64g crucial balistic 3200mz ram 16g in 4 slots

asus z490 mother board

ssd 250g wd blue

hhd wd blue 2tb

my question is this. iam seeing a paged pool of 3.2gs. i have never seen it that high. normally it is 200-300mb.

can you tell me what might be causing this?

i do appreciate any imput or help with this.

thanks for your time

hope all is well with yall

stay safe.

:)

mines66, Sep 30, 2020

2. Huge non-paged pool on startup?

Hello. I just built a new computer and installed the drivers for it on w10. Everything works fine, but I have a non-paged pool of 5.7gb out of 16 on startup, and I'd like to do something about that. I checked under task manager for the non-paged pool,
    but none of the programs there are taking nearly that much. I suspect it's the killer network driver, but I'd still like to confirm it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

PurpleMagus, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Nonpaged Pool

Hi Joseph,

For us to better assist you with your issue on memory usage, we'd like to gather additional information.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried to update your Windows 10 to its latest version?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, you can refer to this thread regarding non-paged pool memory.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 30, 2020
  4. alphajoe Win User

paged pool

Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time

I have been fighting with this for some time and I can't figure out what it is. Over time, my Paged Pool memory usage keeps climbing until eventually I have to reboot to clear it out. It is a tough problem to search for because most people seem to have a problem with non-paged pool memory and all of those problems get included in the search results.

I have 32GB of RAM and once the paged pool reaches around 18GB or so it starts to bog down and get sluggish. And when I say 18GB, I mean 18GB with nothing open. I have my typical tray stuff, which I have tried killing, but nothing releases the RAM. I have let it climb all the way to 32GB before, but then the computer becomes useless and took about a half hour or so to shut down.

When I run Rammap it shows that paged pool is huge, and in the process list there is a process called MemCompression that has an extremely large amount of RAM in use. Not the full size of the paged pool, but definitely really big.

There are several threads talking about using Poolmon to track down processes using lots of paged or non-paged pool memory, but the process on mine that is extremely large has a tag of Se, which is tough to search for in the strings because virtually every file has Se in it somewhere.

Right now I just rebooted again, so the usage is back to "normal" (if you consider 11GB memory in use normal for just having Chrome open) and my paged pool is around 2GB or so. It will increase again by this evening, so I will get some screen grabs of the Rammap and the process list. Any other screens I can grab that might help?

alphajoe, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

paged pool

1. paged pool - Similar Threads - paged pool

2. fltMgr.sys causing an insane Paged Pool memory leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fltMgr.sys causing an insane Paged Pool memory leak: I have been dealing with this issue for a while, and trying my best to find a solution, I have tried almost everything I have researched, but it still continues. From the very moment my PC starts up, the Paged Pool goes up at a rate of around 100MB every 5 minutes. Below is...
  3. fltMgr.sys causing an insane Paged Pool memory leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fltMgr.sys causing an insane Paged Pool memory leak: I have been dealing with this issue for a while, and trying my best to find a solution, I have tried almost everything I have researched, but it still continues. From the very moment my PC starts up, the Paged Pool goes up at a rate of around 100MB every 5 minutes. Below is...
  4. fltMgr.sys causing an insane Paged Pool memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Paged Pool Memory Leak using _popen in timer for every 30 secs C++ application Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paged Pool Memory Leak using _popen in timer for every 30 secs C++ application Windows: Below code snippet causing Paged Pool Memory leak.Whiletrue{std::shared_ptr<FILE> pipe_popencmd, "r", _pclose;Sleep30000; // 30 secs}I noticed the Paged pool increase in Task Manager and also using xPerf tool.details of the functionMy Application is NTP Client.cmd = NTP...
  6. Paged Pool Memory Leak using _popen in timer for every 30 secs C++ application Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paged Pool Memory Leak using _popen in timer for every 30 secs C++ application Windows: Below code snippet causing Paged Pool Memory leak.Whiletrue{std::shared_ptr<FILE> pipe_popencmd, "r", _pclose;Sleep30000; // 30 secs}I noticed the Paged pool increase in Task Manager and also using xPerf tool.details of the functionMy Application is NTP Client.cmd = NTP...
  7. Non-paged pool memory exceeds 20 GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non-paged pool memory exceeds 20 GB: My machine has 48 GB of ram and by the end of the day, all available ram is used up by the non paged pool. I have run poolmon and watched EFSM grow to over 2 GB, then show as a negative number, eventually settling at -1 which indicates EFSM is using so much memory it has...
  8. Big non-paged pool memory leak at startup used by etwB

Big non-paged pool memory leak at startup used by etwB: Hi everyone,Title says it all. I launch my laptop Windows 10 and see 1.0Gb of non-paged pool memory, and after running poolmon I see 880Mb attributed to etwB Windows tracing tool buffer as I understand.I have tried a lot of things, ran scannow, Memory Diagnostic tool,...
  9. huge non-paged pool memory block at startup used by etwB

huge non-paged pool memory block at startup used by etwB: Hi everyone,Title says it all. I launch my laptop Windows 10 and see 1.0Gb of non-paged pool memory, and after running poolmon I see 880Mb attributed to etwB Windows tracing tool buffer as I understand.I have tried a lot of things, ran scannow, Memory Diagnostic tool,...
  10. Extremely High RAM utilization, high Paged Pool

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely High RAM utilization, high Paged Pool: The issue started in mid-February when I received multiple warnings and critical alerts from my RMM software for several PCs I administer - the RMMs settings for RAM alerts are a warning at 85% and critical at 90%. All of these systems have been deployed for over 2 years and...