Windows 10: Pagefile huge size problem

Discus and support Pagefile huge size problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, My pagefile seems to be quite large at 11264MB, 11GB~. I am really confused why this has happened, even though I manually set my SSD to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RGC Tech Problems, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Pagefile huge size problem

Hi there,

My pagefile seems to be quite large at 11264MB, 11GB~. I am really confused why this has happened, even though I manually set my SSD to off, my secondary HDD to off and manually set my first HDD to on with 400MB to 1912MB the recommended. See picture for reference Pagefile huge size problem b2973f5a-498b-47a7-9279-90b4a85222dd?upload=true.png

Someone please help me with removing so much of that page file, so in total I can just have it the recommended value.

-Thanks

:)

RGC Tech Problems, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Clintlgm Win User

Huge pagefile

You can't just delete the page file, you would go to system/advanced system properties/performance settings/ advanced tab Virtual Memory there you can uncheck the "Automatically manage Page file size" then you can set the size you want, maybe the 1 GB as suggested by using Max 1gb min 1gb or select no page file at all. As stated earler you don't really need a page file with a SSD.

Clintlgm, Apr 11, 2021
  3. CountMike Win User
    Huge pagefile

On disk:

Pagefile huge size problem [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 11, 2021
  4. CountMike Win User

Pagefile huge size problem

Huge pagefile

Pagefile huge size problem [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Pagefile huge size problem

1. Pagefile huge size problem - Similar Threads - Pagefile huge size

2. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  3. program or game huge size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    program or game huge size.: I just want to say can programs or game can get smaller in size smilar to android the coding of game is very big this is because windows is not created for apps. or remake the windows again....
  4. Pagefile problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pagefile problem.: When I set PageFile to Custom Set, less than my 8GB of actual memory, Windows automatically increase PageFile to more than 8GB?Why is this happening?How do I solve this?Should I delete anything in the Registry?Simply, Windows does not accept my CustomSet, why ??When I set it...
  5. huge font size

huge font size: The font size on my computer is all of a sudden huge. I need help to get it back to normal. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-font-size/5e454194-9d60-46fd-9989-0922217bb5ff
  6. How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil: Hello, I'm on an HP Zbook mobile workstation with 1To of harddrive and 64Go of RAM win 10 pro. I just noticed today that my pagefil.sys is 67108864 Ko and my hiberfil.sis is 66985172 Ko. Both make already 127Go which is very big. I would like to know if : 1- I can delete...
  7. Change how the pagefile works? (not the size of it)

Change how the pagefile works? (not the size of it): Hi, My question might seem a bit bizarre, let me explain myself real quick: So I noticed a strange behavior with Windows' memory management. I always use Chrome and it's always loaded with tabs, uses at least 2.5-3.5GB. When I launch a game that uses quite a bit of RAM,...
  8. WindowsApps folder huge size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WindowsApps folder huge size: Using Windows 10 1809 version. My WindowsApps in Program Files is huge? How can I delete apps that I do not need or do not use. 5.2GB on 120GB drive is a lot. There is also WindowsApps in Windows folder. I have attached a screenshot of the WindowsApps folder. What kind of...
  9. My files size is huge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files size is huge: Hello, i backed up my phone to my pc (photos and videos). The size of the backup is 30GB, but the size on disk is.... 50TB (???). It's important to let you know that my hard drive has only 250gb, so i really don't understand what's going on. I already updated windows,...
  10. Huge pagefile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge pagefile: In the recent past I had to overcome unexplained OS size fluctuations. Then yesterday I got one of those dreaded popups saying I was low on space. I discovered that I had a 16 gb pagefile. Never seen anything like this. My OS partition is 40 gb (on a ssd), with 16 gb ram,...