Windows 10: Pagefile moved, now crashes from sleep.

Discus and support Pagefile moved, now crashes from sleep. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set the pagefile from C: boot drive to another SSD. Since then when waking from sleep mode, the PC 'wakes' but the HDD led stays constant, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cambels, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Pagefile moved, now crashes from sleep.

I set the pagefile from C: boot drive to another SSD. Since then when waking from sleep mode, the PC 'wakes' but the HDD led stays constant, and nothing else happens so I have to reset. Upon reset the PC boots > POST screen > UEFI logo, spinning loading icon > then blue stopcode screen gathering info with Memory Management as the error. WhoCrashed dumpfile only seems to reference ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C2390) .

Would moving the pagefile cause this? It's the only thing I can think that I've changed... Ran DISM and sfc etc with no issues.

submitted by /u/cambels
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cambels, Apr 30, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Apr 30, 2020
  3. How to move pagefile for adaquate shrink

windows wont allow you to dedicate 20 gigs, maximum paging is 4 gigs for windows XP, now id suggest you also put up the rest for the other drives you have (possibility a performance increase)

eidairaman1, Apr 30, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Pagefile moved, now crashes from sleep.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Pagefile moved, now crashes from sleep.

1. Pagefile moved, now crashes from sleep. - Similar Threads - Pagefile moved crashes

2. Moving the pagefile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the pagefile: I have Windows 10 in the C: partition of my PC, i.e.the first partition. Gradually the C: drive has gained more and more files and I have tried to extend it by first deleting the next partition on the drive. I found that I could not do this as Windows had placed the pagefile...
  3. Moving the pagefile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving the pagefile: I have Windows 10 in the C: partition of my PC, i.e.the first partition. Gradually the C: drive has gained more and more files and I have tried to extend it by first deleting the next partition on the drive. I found that I could not do this as Windows had placed the pagefile...
  4. Moving the pagefile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?: I have tried to use NTFS symbolic link destination drive has no letter assigned:mklink c:\swapfile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\swapfile.sysmklink c:\pagefile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\pagefile.syseverything works fine except...
  6. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?: I have tried to use NTFS symbolic link destination drive has no letter assigned:mklink c:\swapfile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\swapfile.sysmklink c:\pagefile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\pagefile.syseverything works fine except...
  7. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Pagefile cannot be moved to non-system drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pagefile cannot be moved to non-system drive: Hi,I'm facing a rather weird issue with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1151: apparently, it refuses to allocate the pagefile on any drive but C.I'm using a custom-built configuration that includes a 240 GiB scratch disk in addition to 32 GiB of physical memory. Said scratch disk...
  9. PageFile

PageFile: I'm really in need of pc storage, I tried everything to empty the PageFile.sys at shutdown by changing the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value to 1 on the registry, and I tried to change it's location to my E drive where I have more space by nothing won't work the file stay in C...
  10. Move Pagefile and still retain some on primary drive

Move Pagefile and still retain some on primary drive: Hi, I run win10 with 16GB RAM (thinking of getting 32GB soon). My operating system is on a 512GB SSD. I read that I may benefit by moving the pagefile to a non system drive and since I have 2 more SSDs I want to know if it is advisable to move the page file to a non system...