Windows 10: Pagefile problem.

Discus and support Pagefile problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I set PageFile to Custom Set, less than my 8GB of actual memory, Windows automatically increase PageFile to more than 8GB?Why is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ObuL83g, Dec 22, 2020.

1. ObuL83g Win User

Pagefile problem.

When I set PageFile to Custom Set, less than my 8GB of actual memory, Windows automatically increase PageFile to more than 8GB?Why is this happening?How do I solve this?Should I delete anything in the Registry?Simply, Windows does not accept my CustomSet, why ??When I set it to SystemManaged, then I see what the recommended amount Windows tells me, then I reset the PC, so I go to set it to CustomSet and enter that recommended amount. But after resetting, Windows automatically put another amount!Why ??? !!!

:)

ObuL83g, Dec 22, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Dec 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 22, 2020
  4. xubidoo Win User

Pagefile problem.

removing pagefile

seems i had to do wat Darknova suggested ,as nothign else would get rid of it ,i shrunk it to 16mb and that did help muchly ,enabling me to do a defrag *Smile Pagefile problem. :)

think i will create a 1024mb pagefile when its done ,is that large enough for Vista ?

xubidoo, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Pagefile problem.

1. Pagefile problem. - Similar Threads - Pagefile problem

2. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant make pagefile more than 2gb: I cant make pagefile more than 2gb on windows 10 arm32 i have only 1gb ram cause its on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-pagefile-more-than-2gb/a01a3e33-a6e1-442d-98f5-3cb12214dcec
  3. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant make pagefile more than 2gb: I cant make pagefile more than 2gb on windows 10 arm32 i have only 1gb ram cause its on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-pagefile-more-than-2gb/a01a3e33-a6e1-442d-98f5-3cb12214dcec
  4. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  6. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

"Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  7. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page: Hello,As stated in the question, my computer gets bluescreen very often and I have been unable to resolve it. I took a minidump analysis to see what is causing it, and these are the results. However, it does not really bring me any closer to figuring out what the issue is and...
  9. My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page

My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page: Hello,As stated in the question, my computer gets bluescreen very often and I have been unable to resolve it. I took a minidump analysis to see what is causing it, and these are the results. However, it does not really bring me any closer to figuring out what the issue is and...
  10. Pagefile huge size problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pagefile huge size problem: Hi there, My pagefile seems to be quite large at 11264MB, 11GB~. I am really confused why this has happened, even though I manually set my SSD to off, my secondary HDD to off and manually set my first HDD to on with 400MB to 1912MB the recommended. See picture for...