Windows 10: Pagefile security

Discus and support Pagefile security in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have an environment where security is important, cant say more then that so dont ask. Im trying to figure out a good way to increase security of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user_982396, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Pagefile security

So i have an environment where security is important, cant say more then that so dont ask.

Im trying to figure out a good way to increase security of the pagefile.

• Using a bitlocker drive creates problems because its locked while windows starts up = creates a temporary one somewhere (?)

Could just use c: which is bitlockered but for conversation sale, what are other secure alternatives?

Thanks

submitted by /u/user_982396
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/user_982396, Mar 11, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Mar 11, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Mar 11, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Pagefile security

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Pagefile security

1. Pagefile security - Similar Threads - Pagefile security

2. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant make pagefile more than 2gb: I cant make pagefile more than 2gb on windows 10 arm32 i have only 1gb ram cause its on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-pagefile-more-than-2gb/a01a3e33-a6e1-442d-98f5-3cb12214dcec
  3. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant make pagefile more than 2gb: I cant make pagefile more than 2gb on windows 10 arm32 i have only 1gb ram cause its on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-pagefile-more-than-2gb/a01a3e33-a6e1-442d-98f5-3cb12214dcec
  4. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  6. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

"Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  7. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page: Hello,As stated in the question, my computer gets bluescreen very often and I have been unable to resolve it. I took a minidump analysis to see what is causing it, and these are the results. However, it does not really bring me any closer to figuring out what the issue is and...
  9. My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page

My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page: Hello,As stated in the question, my computer gets bluescreen very often and I have been unable to resolve it. I took a minidump analysis to see what is causing it, and these are the results. However, it does not really bring me any closer to figuring out what the issue is and...
  10. My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how secure is the windows pagefile