Windows 10: Pagefile.sys inside.

Discus and support Pagefile.sys inside. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does pagefile.sys has any privacy issue ? Does any private file store in there ????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tril645, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Tril645 Win User

Pagefile.sys inside.

Does pagefile.sys has any privacy issue ?

Does any private file store in there ????

:)

Tril645, Jul 31, 2019

2. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation?

WilliamHall9, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Pagefile.sys inside.

Windows 10 PageFile Issue

I have a machine the started giving me an out of memory.

The PageFile was stuck at 512MB. VIrtual memory was set for System Managed. Recommended was around 1900MB. Machine has 8GB of RAM. If I set a min/max it would set at the min only. I finally set min/max 3-6GB. Runs better but it seems the Sys managed
    PageFile is not working correctly. haven't run into this issue before and I can't find anything for it.

GlennErler, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Pagefile.sys inside.

1. Pagefile.sys inside. - Similar Threads - Pagefile sys inside

2. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  3. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  4. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pagefile problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pagefile problem.: When I set PageFile to Custom Set, less than my 8GB of actual memory, Windows automatically increase PageFile to more than 8GB?Why is this happening?How do I solve this?Should I delete anything in the Registry?Simply, Windows does not accept my CustomSet, why ??When I set it...
  6. Pagefile security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pagefile security: So i have an environment where security is important, cant say more then that so dont ask. Im trying to figure out a good way to increase security of the pagefile. Using a bitlocker drive creates problems because its locked while windows starts up = creates a temporary one...
  7. PageFile

PageFile: I'm really in need of pc storage, I tried everything to empty the PageFile.sys at shutdown by changing the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value to 1 on the registry, and I tried to change it's location to my E drive where I have more space by nothing won't work the file stay in C...
  8. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

C: pagefile .sys Degrag: How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-pagefile-sys-degrag/1435a24e-30c1-43a8-9587-dbbac2c1216e"
  9. Huge pagefile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge pagefile: In the recent past I had to overcome unexplained OS size fluctuations. Then yesterday I got one of those dreaded popups saying I was low on space. I discovered that I had a 16 gb pagefile. Never seen anything like this. My OS partition is 40 gb (on a ssd), with 16 gb ram,...
  10. Pagefile question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pagefile question: Older Dell XPS - W10, 8G RAM, 1TB HDD, i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz. I have constant crushes after waking up from the sleep mode - "Page Fault in Non Paged Area". I saw a recommendation to disable "Automatically manage paging......." Currently allocated = 1920 MB Space...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. any way to open pagefile.sys access denied

2. Quick access(C:) pagefile.sys