Windows 10: Pagefile.sys

Discus and support Pagefile.sys in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does microsoft remotely able to connect and open pagefile.sys... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dipdas, Jun 6, 2019.

1. dipdas Win User

Pagefile.sys

Does microsoft remotely able to connect and open pagefile.sys

:)

dipdas, Jun 6, 2019

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PageFile Issue

I have a machine the started giving me an out of memory.

The PageFile was stuck at 512MB. VIrtual memory was set for System Managed. Recommended was around 1900MB. Machine has 8GB of RAM. If I set a min/max it would set at the min only. I finally set min/max 3-6GB. Runs better but it seems the Sys managed
    PageFile is not working correctly. haven't run into this issue before and I can't find anything for it.

GlennErler, Jun 6, 2019
  4. xubidoo Win User

Pagefile.sys

removing pagefile

seems i had to do wat Darknova suggested ,as nothign else would get rid of it ,i shrunk it to 16mb and that did help muchly ,enabling me to do a defrag *Smile Pagefile.sys :)

think i will create a 1024mb pagefile when its done ,is that large enough for Vista ?

xubidoo, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Pagefile.sys

1. Pagefile.sys - Similar Threads - Pagefile sys

2. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant make pagefile more than 2gb: I cant make pagefile more than 2gb on windows 10 arm32 i have only 1gb ram cause its on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-pagefile-more-than-2gb/a01a3e33-a6e1-442d-98f5-3cb12214dcec
  3. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant make pagefile more than 2gb: I cant make pagefile more than 2gb on windows 10 arm32 i have only 1gb ram cause its on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-pagefile-more-than-2gb/a01a3e33-a6e1-442d-98f5-3cb12214dcec
  4. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  6. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

"Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  7. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  8. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  9. pagefile sys

10. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: pagefile .sys Degrag: How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-pagefile-sys-degrag/1435a24e-30c1-43a8-9587-dbbac2c1216e"
Tags: