Windows 10: Pagefile.sys

Discus and support Pagefile.sys in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does microsoft remotely able to connect and open pagefile.sys... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dipdas, Jun 6, 2019.

1. dipdas Win User

Pagefile.sys

Does microsoft remotely able to connect and open pagefile.sys

:)

dipdas, Jun 6, 2019

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PageFile Issue

I have a machine the started giving me an out of memory.

The PageFile was stuck at 512MB. VIrtual memory was set for System Managed. Recommended was around 1900MB. Machine has 8GB of RAM. If I set a min/max it would set at the min only. I finally set min/max 3-6GB. Runs better but it seems the Sys managed
    PageFile is not working correctly. haven't run into this issue before and I can't find anything for it.

GlennErler, Jun 6, 2019
  4. xubidoo Win User

Pagefile.sys

removing pagefile

seems i had to do wat Darknova suggested ,as nothign else would get rid of it ,i shrunk it to 16mb and that did help muchly ,enabling me to do a defrag *Smile Pagefile.sys :)

think i will create a 1024mb pagefile when its done ,is that large enough for Vista ?

xubidoo, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Pagefile.sys

1. Pagefile.sys - Similar Threads - Pagefile sys

2. Move pagefile to another disk? (Windows keeps using C: disk instead of disk set)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move pagefile to another disk? (Windows keeps using C: disk instead of disk set): I was battling this issue on and off randomly over the last year, I'd dig into it again and give up as I couldn't ever resolve it, all searches would just lead to people throwing in reasons to keep it as system managed, or you need better hardware. Found another user having...
  3. Windows 10 random freeze and lag due to pagefile settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 random freeze and lag due to pagefile settings: Hello, I am facing a strange problem on Windows 10. The OS shows lags and random freezes, in particular with multimedia applications like Netflix (both dedicated app and browser, tested on edge, chrome and firefox) but also with VLC and other media players. The same...
  4. Do I really need pagefile active?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do I really need pagefile active?: Just wondering do I really need page file active on my system? I do play a lot of games, watch vids, and browse the net. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-really-need-pagefile-active/ea020c30-6dc6-4dad-a96d-24084ca1d97e
  5. It's recommended to have a pagefile, so why is there an option to disable it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    It's recommended to have a pagefile, so why is there an option to disable it?: Is it for security purposes, i.e. some people wish to turn it off as another measure, or can there be other reasons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-recommended-to-have-a-pagefile-so-why-is-there/c37e9cfe-1c65-4779-b98a-e21daea90a5b
  6. (Solved) Changed pagefile size and now Windows 10 wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (Solved) Changed pagefile size and now Windows 10 wont boot: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 8 GB RAM. Recently it has been especially laggy and "Not responding" even when only file explorer is open. Saw a tip online to change the minimum and maximum pagefile sizes to 1.5xRAM and 4xRAM respectively. Those values seemed within the...
  7. Changed pagefile size and now Windows 10 wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed pagefile size and now Windows 10 wont boot: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 8 GB RAM. Recently it has been especially laggy and "Not responding" even when only file explorer is open. Saw a tip online to change the minimum and maximum pagefile sizes to 1.5xRAM and 4xRAM respectively. Those values seemed within the...
  8. What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?

in Windows 10 Support
    What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?: Topic, What is the minimum size I should set my pagefile too so that I won't run into any problems? Currently I have 8 gb of ram and tomorrow I plan to add another 8 gb for 16 Gb total. DDR4 2133mhz if your curious what type or if that even matters. My Os is on a SSD so when...
  9. Huge pagefile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge pagefile: In the recent past I had to overcome unexplained OS size fluctuations. Then yesterday I got one of those dreaded popups saying I was low on space. I discovered that I had a 16 gb pagefile. Never seen anything like this. My OS partition is 40 gb (on a ssd), with 16 gb ram,...
  10. Enable or Disable Virtual Memory Pagefile Encryption in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Virtual Memory Pagefile Encryption in Windows 10: HI Brink think i may do just this one how much overhead does it cause do you know in terms of processing overhead ? 77782