Windows 10: PageFile what should it be set too??

Discus and support PageFile what should it be set too?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well then the listed recommended requirements for maximum performance are grossly understated at Game Debate. With that said, since you seem to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLAF5150, May 7, 2017.

1. bro67 Win User

PageFile what should it be set too??

The requirements have always been fudged by the Russians who designed this Simulator, since they came out with it and when they started back in 1991, they pushed for stressing computers out for as much as they could in CPU cycles.. They are pushing the hardware that most users have too hard for what it really needs to run in realtime.

DSC next to Flight Gear are about as realistic that you can get. Also on the FB page for Eagle Dynamics, you can see that users are using Server type equipment to get the best out of the software.

bro67, May 7, 2017
  2. bro67 Win User

The group that has created this Sim. know more about the hardware and how to get the best out of the gear that they can have their hands on. Not much you can do when the company is ran by Russians and making money since 1991 for keeping people to purchase a Simulator that is only based on one OS.

bro67, May 7, 2017
  3. Archie123 Win User
    Leave it at system managed , pagefile needs to be dynamic . Alterring it manually to anything else is pointless and can cause issues. Some programs will ask for a massive ammount of pagefile to be put aside when launched whether it needs it or not , if the size of your pagefile has been limited where do you think windows is going to get its set aside from? Windows is perfectly capable of managing ram and pagefile. It does it better than you can . Pagefile is slow , if your wanting to do anything get more ram .

Archie123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PageFile what should it be set too??

1. PageFile what should it be set too?? - Similar Threads - PageFile should set

2. what should speed step and speed step be set too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should speed step and speed step be set too: i have asus z490 MB i5 10600kgtx 1660srunning window 11 homemy cpu been running slow and had to change power setting on and of for turbo boostand speed step,speed shift in bios, which should be correct setting for these...
  3. what should speed step and speed step be set too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what should speed step and speed step be set too: i have asus z490 MB i5 10600kgtx 1660srunning window 11 homemy cpu been running slow and had to change power setting on and of for turbo boostand speed step,speed shift in bios, which should be correct setting for these...
  4. Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?: I was told to disable these because I have an SSD for Windows. Is that still a recommended practice? I'm getting mixed (and old) opinions when I Google it. submitted by /u/Sympatoo [link] [comments]...
  5. Pagefile problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pagefile problem.: When I set PageFile to Custom Set, less than my 8GB of actual memory, Windows automatically increase PageFile to more than 8GB?Why is this happening?How do I solve this?Should I delete anything in the Registry?Simply, Windows does not accept my CustomSet, why ??When I set it...
  6. Set pagefile auto-clear on shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set pagefile auto-clear on shutdown ?: Hello, so i'm currently using Windows 10 Home edition, and i have been trying to set pagefile to automatically clear on shut down. Most online tutorial suggest to do this via Advanced system settings -> Performance -> Setting -> Advanced -> Virtual Memory, uncheck...
  7. PageFile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PageFile: I'm really in need of pc storage, I tried everything to empty the PageFile.sys at shutdown by changing the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value to 1 on the registry, and I tried to change it's location to my E drive where I have more space by nothing won't work the file stay in C...
  8. What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?

in Windows 10 Support
    What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?: Topic, What is the minimum size I should set my pagefile too so that I won't run into any problems? Currently I have 8 gb of ram and tomorrow I plan to add another 8 gb for 16 Gb total. DDR4 2133mhz if your curious what type or if that even matters. My Os is on a SSD so when...
  9. Huge pagefile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge pagefile: In the recent past I had to overcome unexplained OS size fluctuations. Then yesterday I got one of those dreaded popups saying I was low on space. I discovered that I had a 16 gb pagefile. Never seen anything like this. My OS partition is 40 gb (on a ssd), with 16 gb ram,...
  10. Should I disable the pagefile?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I disable the pagefile?: Just curious if I have enough memory to disable the pagefile without causing any harm?? [img] I have no idea how this happened! It's an older laptop that hasn't been booted in a year or so. It really has 8 GB of system memory, but apparently, Windows 7 forgot the...