Windows 10: PageFile

Discus and support PageFile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm really in need of pc storage, I tried everything to empty the PageFile.sys at shutdown by changing the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value to 1 on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by allitakumi, Feb 17, 2020.

1. PageFile

I'm really in need of pc storage, I tried everything to empty the PageFile.sys at shutdown by changing the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value to 1 on the registry, and I tried to change it's location to my E drive where I have more space by nothing won't work the file stay in C drive and at full his size16go

Thank you in advance.

:)

allitakumi, Feb 17, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Feb 17, 2020
  3. xubidoo Win User
    removing pagefile

seems i had to do wat Darknova suggested ,as nothign else would get rid of it ,i shrunk it to 16mb and that did help muchly ,enabling me to do a defrag *Smile PageFile :)

think i will create a 1024mb pagefile when its done ,is that large enough for Vista ?

xubidoo, Feb 17, 2020
  4. PageFile

pagefile?

what do i set my pagefile at? or virtual memory at ? i have 4gb physical ram. and a 500gb hard drive.

missmarcy69, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

PageFile

1. PageFile - Similar Threads - PageFile

2. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant make pagefile more than 2gb: I cant make pagefile more than 2gb on windows 10 arm32 i have only 1gb ram cause its on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-pagefile-more-than-2gb/a01a3e33-a6e1-442d-98f5-3cb12214dcec
  3. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant make pagefile more than 2gb: I cant make pagefile more than 2gb on windows 10 arm32 i have only 1gb ram cause its on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-pagefile-more-than-2gb/a01a3e33-a6e1-442d-98f5-3cb12214dcec
  4. Cant make pagefile more than 2gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  6. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

"Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...: Every time I launch my computer this popup comes up and I'm taken to virtual memory in system properties, it says I have 0mb in page file size, I have tried everything I can find online, I tried clean boot which did nothing, resetting which is blocked by an error, deleting...
  7. "Windows has created a temporary pagefile" 0mb pagefile size in system properties but 16...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page: Hello,As stated in the question, my computer gets bluescreen very often and I have been unable to resolve it. I took a minidump analysis to see what is causing it, and these are the results. However, it does not really bring me any closer to figuring out what the issue is and...
  9. My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page

My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page: Hello,As stated in the question, my computer gets bluescreen very often and I have been unable to resolve it. I took a minidump analysis to see what is causing it, and these are the results. However, it does not really bring me any closer to figuring out what the issue is and...
  10. My Computer keeps bluescreening due to corrupt pagefile page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pagefile setup