Windows 10: PageMaker 6.5 with Windows 10

Discus and support PageMaker 6.5 with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been a user of PageMaker 6.5 for many years and was disappointed when it would not load on my new Windows 10 computer. I did stumble upon a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobDotta, Mar 3, 2021.

1. RobDotta Win User

PageMaker 6.5 with Windows 10

I have been a user of PageMaker 6.5 for many years and was disappointed when it would not load on my new Windows 10 computer. I did stumble upon a potential work around.

On my Windows 10 computer, I was looking through a hard drive from an old computer running windows 98 which was able to run PageMaker 6.5. Of course this hard drive had the operating system from the old computer since I had simply pulled the hard drive from the unit. Out of curiosity I double clicked on the PM65.EXE file. Much to my surprise, PageMaker 6.5 started. I reloaded PageMaker onto an old Windows XP laptop to have a more current operating system and smaller cleaner hard drive. I then cloned the hard drive of the laptop to a USB flash drive. I can now insert the USB drive into my Windows 10 computer and start PageMaker 6.5. I did have to rename the "PM65.CNF" file to "PM65old.CNF" and let the program recreate the file in order to be able to save defaults. I haven't use it to extensively yet and I am sure I can probably streamline it to some extent. Some more experienced computer users can probably offer more improvements!

:)

RobDotta, Mar 3, 2021
  2. LemP Win User

Installing adobe Pagemaker

Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 runs on Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (e.g.,

https://www.cnet.com/products/adobe-pagemaker-6-5-v-6-5-box-pack-upgrade-1-user-0052650301056/specs/
    ). It's not at all surprising that it won't install on Windows 7.

Version 7 was the last version of Pagemaker. It ran on Windows XP but that's it (https://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_vista.pdf):

Adobe PageMaker 7.x does not install or run on Windows Vista. Adobe announced in

2004 that it was ending development of PageMaker but would continue to sell and support

the current version. It does not plan to update PageMaker to support Windows Vista.

It's remotely possible that Pagemaker v. 7 would run on Windows 7 with "compatibility mode" set to XP sp3. As Leviozar Gam said, your best source for such information would be the Adobe forums. See, for example, the discussion here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/934219

LemP, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Pagemaker sous Windows 10

J'ai installé Windows 10 il y a quelques semaines et je viens de constater que le logiciel Pagemaker 7.0 ne s'ouvre pas. J'ai énormément de documents ".pmd". Que dois-je faire pour pouvoir les ouvrir? Et y a-t-il un correctif pour ouvrir pagemaker sous
    windows 10? Merci de votre aide.

CharlesEBGUY, Mar 3, 2021
  4. PageMaker 6.5 with Windows 10

Adobe Pagemaker Problem

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 is working or note in windows 10

Mayank Arya, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

PageMaker 6.5 with Windows 10

1. PageMaker 6.5 with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PageMaker

2. Pagemaker 7 issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pagemaker 7 issues on Windows 10: I have Pagemaker 7 on two computers running windows 10. There are no problems whatsoever on one, but I just upgraded the second one and am having all kinds of issues. Basically, it will open older files (created before the upgrade to Win10) and I can edit and use them no...