Windows 10: pages and tabs open by themselves

Discus and support pages and tabs open by themselves in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; in both desk top and laptop modes pages and tabs open automatically in windows 10,edge and chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jml400n, Dec 21, 2020.

1. jml400n Win User

pages and tabs open by themselves

in both desk top and laptop modes pages and tabs open automatically in windows 10,edge and chrome

:)

jml400n, Dec 21, 2020

2. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 21, 2020
  3. PamHogg Win User
    open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. pages and tabs open by themselves - Similar Threads - pages tabs open

2. When idling tabs open by themselves and send me to this website...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When idling tabs open by themselves and send me to this website...: If my PC is idling new tabs are opening by themselves and redirecting to this website: https://www.msn.com/en-xl?ocid=wispr&pc=u477&AR=1 Why is this happening?...
  3. When idling tabs open by themselves and send me to this website...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When idling tabs open by themselves and send me to this website...: If my PC is idling new tabs are opening by themselves and redirecting to this website: https://www.msn.com/en-xl?ocid=wispr&pc=u477&AR=1 Why is this happening?...
  4. When idling tabs open by themselves and send me to this website...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  6. Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab: Hello, after last installation Win10 20H2, was lost functionality of middle touchpad button - click on link in Edge, was opened web page in new tab. How can be this functionality again added? Thank you....
  7. Tabbed pages on top.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tabbed pages on top.: I have pages on top of my screen and do not know where the tab button is o turn that feature off. It is very annoying when it happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-pages-on-top/63845b32-ea82-4e30-8ea5-3e25c40a2a38
  8. Tabs keep opening on help pages

Tabs keep opening on help pages: Hey y'all, so recently my browsers: Microsoft edge, chrome, Firefox, (mainly Microsoft edge) keep opening "Microsoft support", "Windows 10 help", and when I'm on discord - "Discord support" opens. (Currently, the record for the amount of tabs that have opened is over 2k.)...
  9. Set new tab to open a specifc page

in Browsers and Email
    Set new tab to open a specifc page: Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here. When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites. I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same...
  10. Router page opening in new tab instead of Bing.com

Router page opening in new tab instead of Bing.com: A few days ago our internet wires were accidentally pulled from the wall. Called the company and said they'd send someone the next day to fix it. I opened Firefox to do some offline reading, clicked new tab, which is set to Bing.com, knowing it would open an error...