Windows 10: paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically

Discus and support paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello, today i noticed in the systme information page that paging file is 8.00 GB even it's set to "automatically manage paging file for each drive" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amar Da, May 21, 2022.

1. Amar Da Win User

paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically

hello, today i noticed in the systme information page that paging file is 8.00 GB even it's set to "automatically manage paging file for each drive" is that normal thing? my physical ram is 8.00 GB.anything would be helpful.

:)

Amar Da, May 21, 2022
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, May 21, 2022
  3. berkolol Win User
    Page File

Hi to all.

My laptop has 2GB of physical memory, and i got it with Windows Vista Premium. It has default setting for pagefile, means Vista automatically determines size of pagefile.sys file. Currently, size of file is 2.3GB. I never use more then 1.5GB of RAM so is it 100% for me to turn off page file?

Thanks.

berkolol, May 21, 2022
  4. paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 21, 2022
Thema:

paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically

1. paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically - Similar Threads - paging file 8192MB

2. Should I set this to "no paging file"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I set this to "no paging file"?: Alot of youtuber that I watch said to fix not all amount of memory usable is to set this to "no paging file", but I don't know that will it crash my computer or not. So, should I?...
  3. paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically: hello, today i noticed in the systme information page that paging file is 8.00 GB even it's set to "automatically manage paging file for each drive" is that normal thing? my physical ram is 8.00 GB.anything would be helpful....
  4. paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    paging file is is up to 8192MB even it's set to automatically: hello, today i noticed in the systme information page that paging file is 8.00 GB even it's set to "automatically manage paging file for each drive" is that normal thing? my physical ram is 8.00 GB.anything would be helpful....
  5. Stuck on set up pin page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on set up pin page: Setting up new mini pc . Brand: OuvisliteI can not bypass PIN page keeps spinningPlease advise i have pressed the power button and unplugged several times. same result still stuck...
  6. Stuck on set up pin page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on set up pin page: Setting up new mini pc . Brand: OuvisliteI can not bypass PIN page keeps spinningPlease advise i have pressed the power button and unplugged several times. same result still stuck...
  7. Stuck on set up pin page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. About setting page file size??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About setting page file size??: Hi dear and always helpful community.I just installed a very very heavy modded version of Skyrim about the size of 300gb, And to prevent crashed due to lack of memory i tried following a guide on allocation more virtual memory on my C: drive where it is installed.But i am...
  9. home page set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    home page set up: I used to have Google come up as my home page, not it's Window and my mail goes to Outlook, I'd like to go back to Google. How do I get home page changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-page-set-up/d3e78124-6fec-4f83-ba73-952761fc2abe
  10. Paging File Location and Settings Questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Paging File Location and Settings Questions: I currently have one pagefile.sys, assigned to a Samsung SSD drive and it's set to let Windows do the managing. This is the only page file I have enabled on my system. Is there a better way to handle this file on my system? Is it a good idea to have it located on another...