Windows 10: Paging File

Discus and support Paging File in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am running windows 10 pro with 12GB of RAM. What is the best setting to use on the paging file to get the best proformance and how can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tony2063, Apr 3, 2019.

1. tony2063 Win User

Paging File

Hi

I am running windows 10 pro with 12GB of RAM. What is the best setting to use on the paging file to get the best proformance and how can I calculate it in case I increase the memory?

:)

tony2063, Apr 3, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Page File

I would never turn off your page file. Ever. EVER! I put my page file on a separate partition in the middle of the HD, so it is about 2% faster! If you have to mess with your page file, do what I did.

PVTCaboose1337, Apr 3, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Paging File

Paging File

Diskeeper does this (it's not free also), or
    disable page file, restart computer, delete C:\pagefile.sys, defragment drive C:, enable page file again.

temp02, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Paging File

1. Paging File - Similar Threads - Paging File

2. How can I get my page file smaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my page file smaller?: My HP laptop is packing up because of low storage space and I need something that I can delete or make smaller, my current page file is around 21 gigabytes and that's literally larger than the file to setup windows, can I do anything about this?...
  3. How can I get my page file smaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my page file smaller?: My HP laptop is packing up because of low storage space and I need something that I can delete or make smaller, my current page file is around 21 gigabytes and that's literally larger than the file to setup windows, can I do anything about this?...
  4. Why my windows 11 files explorer home page doesn't work properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 11 files explorer home page doesn't work properly?: Something wrong happen with my files explorer home page. I don't know what happened but it changed to be a list view and it looks bad . The Quick Access and Favorites Group is missing. There is no group section, just a list of my recent files. I try to change the view mode to...
  5. Why my windows 11 files explorer home page doesn't work properly?

Why my windows 11 files explorer home page doesn't work properly?: Something wrong happen with my files explorer home page. I don't know what happened but it changed to be a list view and it looks bad . The Quick Access and Favorites Group is missing. There is no group section, just a list of my recent files. I try to change the view mode to...
  6. hi i am so confuse about window image paging file size i have seen my videos i am soo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i am so confuse about window image paging file size i have seen my videos i am soo...: hi i am so confuse about window image paging file size i have seen my videos i am soo confuse can please anyone suggest me is this correct value i have set???...
  7. hi i am so confuse about window image paging file size i have seen my videos i am soo...

hi i am so confuse about window image paging file size i have seen my videos i am soo...: hi i am so confuse about window image paging file size i have seen my videos i am soo confuse can please anyone suggest me is this correct value i have set???...
  8. I'm trying to download this file but when I open it it directs me to another page and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to download this file but when I open it it directs me to another page and...: Could I get some help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-this-file-but-when-i-open-it/acd4a580-c84c-4baa-97e1-fc45311707a2
  9. I'm trying to download this file but when I open it it directs me to another page and...

I'm trying to download this file but when I open it it directs me to another page and...: Could I get some help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-this-file-but-when-i-open-it/acd4a580-c84c-4baa-97e1-fc45311707a2
  10. When I go to put a file into graphics settings it comes up with the file on the page but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I go to put a file into graphics settings it comes up with the file on the page but...: I’m trying to put Fortnite into the graphics settings but when I press fortnite it adds is onto the graphics settings with no picture of the game but a blank blue box. I can put high performance on it but when I close settings it disappears. How do I fix this?...