Windows 10: Paid for upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but it isn't installed on my computer

Discus and support Paid for upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but it isn't installed on my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro to use the remote desktop. I have paid for the upgrade, clicked on "install", but that was the end of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amybruder, Feb 18, 2020.

1. amybruder Win User

Paid for upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but it isn't installed on my computer

I had to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro to use the remote desktop. I have paid for the upgrade, clicked on "install", but that was the end of the installation process as far as I could tell. I did get an email with a little image that does not work if I click on it so I don't know if that was part of the installation process or not. It takes me to a page that says "page cannot be found" but no error code. It is not in "downloads." I searched my computer for "pro" and nothing shows up. I am still on Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions?

:)

amybruder, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Paid for upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but it isn't installed on my computer - Similar Threads - Paid upgrade Pro

2. I recently paid for Windows Pro upgrade and lost my CPU, can I move the Pro upgrade to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently paid for Windows Pro upgrade and lost my CPU, can I move the Pro upgrade to my...: I paid to upgrade my Windows 10 home to Pro so I could use Sandbox. Later I found out my system could not run it. I bought a new computer with 11 Home to fix the issue, can I Move my pro upgrade? I just bought the upgrade and I feel like I was cheated now that I am in the...
  3. I recently paid for Windows Pro upgrade and lost my CPU, can I move the Pro upgrade to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently paid for Windows Pro upgrade and lost my CPU, can I move the Pro upgrade to my...: I paid to upgrade my Windows 10 home to Pro so I could use Sandbox. Later I found out my system could not run it. I bought a new computer with 11 Home to fix the issue, can I Move my pro upgrade? I just bought the upgrade and I feel like I was cheated now that I am in the...
  4. Cannot upgrade paid Win 11 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade paid Win 11 PRO: I clean/reinstalled my system ti Win 11 Home. Cannot upgrade to paid WIN 11 PRO. Store does not give me the option to free upgrade and I did not receive a Key....
  5. Cannot upgrade paid Win 11 PRO

Cannot upgrade paid Win 11 PRO: I clean/reinstalled my system ti Win 11 Home. Cannot upgrade to paid WIN 11 PRO. Store does not give me the option to free upgrade and I did not receive a Key....
  6. Failed Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade that I paid for . . .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade that I paid for . . .: Today I decided to upgrade my desktop system from Windows 10 Home to Pro in order to take advantage of some features. I paid the $99 fee, initiated the upgrade, and came back to my machine to an error message no - I didn't write it down. I then rebooted my system. When I...
  7. Paid for upgrade but will not install on device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Paid for upgrade but will not install on device: what am i doing wrong? i paid for upgrade to windows 10 pro but how do i activate this upgrade? when i check my pc properties it still shows windows 10 home edition...
  8. Win 10 PRO upgrade paid but no response (no key, etc)

Win 10 PRO upgrade paid but no response (no key, etc): hi, busy setting up a new laptop and just paid for Win 10 PRO upgrade, but have not received any product key etc. What is supposed to happen now? is there a waiting period? thank you...
  9. Installing upgrade windows 10 pro

Installing upgrade windows 10 pro: I have purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from the store. When I click on install the computer appears to be installing.. the circle of dots goes around and it says do not turn off your computer. this happens for an hour or so then it reboots but nothing has been installed....
  10. Where my paid for upgrade

Where my paid for upgrade: I purchased the update for the games package on September 16 2018 and have not received software or had anything downloaded to stop the ads .. which is what I paid for ....