Windows 10: Painfully Slow ASUS Notebook 550C running Windows 10

Discus and support Painfully Slow ASUS Notebook 550C running Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to speed up a ASUS 550C notebook running Windows 10. Upgraded Windows 8 to Windows 10 when the initial Windows 10 update was promoted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenziePikoos, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Painfully Slow ASUS Notebook 550C running Windows 10

Hi

I am trying to speed up a ASUS 550C notebook running Windows 10.

Upgraded Windows 8 to Windows 10 when the initial Windows 10 update was promoted.

THis notebook is really slow

Here are the SPECS:

INteli5-3337U @1.80GHZ 1.80GHz

6GB Ram

64 Bit X64 processor

550GB SSD Hard Drive

Windows 10 Home ver 1803 installed 5/27/2018.

I have been thinking about doing a clean install of Windows

Please can someone help or give me suggestions as to what can be done.

Thanks in advance

:)

BenziePikoos, Jun 15, 2019

2. Win 10 is painfully slow.

Since upgrading to win10 my computer is painfully slow. My comp is an Asus with an i7 4500 2.4 , 16GB Ram

How can I speed it up?

HalClayton, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Painfully slow

Mine's the same. Painfully slow! And no, it's not at all the gradual aging of a computer. It was super fast and responsive until the moment Windows 10 went on. Now each double click just on a folder in the file explorer takes a long time to open and respond.

Windows 10 looks shiny and new, but under the hood it's so much slower than what it replaced.

Drivers have been updated too, so any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

GrahamKell, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Painfully Slow ASUS Notebook 550C running Windows 10

Windows 10 on Asus Slow

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system as it is slow after upgrading to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When exactly does the system slow performance issue persists?
    • Does the issue confined while performing any specific task on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and driver updates after upgrading to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check it if helps.

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Painfully Slow ASUS Notebook 550C running Windows 10

1. Painfully Slow ASUS Notebook 550C running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Painfully Slow ASUS

2. thumbnails painfully slow to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails painfully slow to load: Hi, I bought a high powered Lenovo laptop for photo editing thinking I had all my bases covered - only to be tripped up by Windows 10 PAINFULLY slow loading and thus browsing of picture thumbnails. I have sometimes 1000s of photos in files that I need to view thumbnails of on...
  3. asus vivo notebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    asus vivo notebook: it will not let me install google earth new laptop error 0x80070057 any advice? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivo-notebook/b84e8aeb-2dbc-4209-ac62-80e676cce6f0
  4. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON ASUS NOTEBOOK PLEASE.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON ASUS NOTEBOOK PLEASE.: Hello can anyone please advise me how to download windows 10 on a asus notebook it keeps advising there is not enough disk space....
  5. New Asus running slow

New Asus running slow: I have just bought an ASUS (I had a Macbook before this). Processor: i7 2.8GHz RAM 16GB Windows 10 However, it's too slow when it starts, opens an app, or run some software. It's supposed to be a fast PC to run intensive analyses. What's going on? How do I improve its...
  6. ASUS 550C Touch Screen Not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS 550C Touch Screen Not working: I am running windows 10 and I have tried several different steps on how to make my touch screen work again. Got them from forums and none of them worked (Device Management Troubleshooting, Control Panel, etc.). "HID-compliant touch screen" simply does not exist on the list...
  7. SurfaceBook Painfully slow on chrome

SurfaceBook Painfully slow on chrome: Ive recently picked up a surfacebook 1 with dGPU and have noticed that compared to my old 2011 macbook pro and my friends surface2 that this surface book is extremely slow in chrome, switching tabs is very slow and loading new pages is even worse, ive noticed that its so slow...
  8. Windows 10 painfully slow

Windows 10 painfully slow: My old HP laptop running Windows 7 Pro crashed on me so I'm using my backup laptop a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series running Windows 10. It is ridiculously slow & beyond frustrating! I don't understand how a practically "new" computer (hardly ever used) is running so much slower...
  9. Windows 10 Painfully slow - 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Painfully slow - 100% CPU Usage: Hey, since today this random issue has popped up, where my computer slows down dramatically and my CPU usage soars to 100%, even though nothing in my processes is even that high, It happens in any program, such as if I'm gaming or browsing the web, and everything grinds to a...
  10. Windows 10 update - painfully slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update - painfully slow: Never seen this issue with Windows 7; I'm using a 10Mb connection which works fine when downloading anything else, but Windows Update is stuck on 2% for the past hour. Any help appreciated, P. 35593