Windows 10: painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files

Discus and support painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; deleting/moving ogg or opus files is painfully slow, like freezing-for-a-few-minutes slow, not running slow. and it seems to be the explorer's problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexKross, Sep 8, 2019.

1. AlexKross Win User

painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files

deleting/moving ogg or opus files is painfully slow, like freezing-for-a-few-minutes slow, not running slow. and it seems to be the explorer's problem because every other software works with these files just fine, import, edit, export, as usual, it's just the explorer that has these problems and with only these 2 types of file. weirdly enough, these problems go away when i completely disable paging but i can't just do that, it's not safe to work without paging at all.
    here's the OS info
    Edition : Windows 10 pro
    Version : 1903
    OS build : 18362.329

the music player is also default (groove music) in case it involves.

any help would be appreciated.

:)

AlexKross, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Sawyer7 Win User

Unable to move .ogg files

It only lists Windows Explorer as a lock, and if I try to run it it says it successfully unlocked however it doesn't fix it.

Strangely though, .ogx files work now, although .oga and .ogg files are still broken.

Sawyer7, Sep 8, 2019
  3. ogg file wont open automatically with Audacity

I'm so frustrated with Win10. I can't find anything and can't make anything work. I downloaded an
    ogg editor called Audacity, and downloaded an ogg file that I want to edit. For some reason, the ogg file only wants to be opened by
    CyberLink (Power Media Player), which I know nothing about and do not have installed. I want it to open automatically with
    Audacity. It took me all evening (like 6 hours, since I cannot use SEARCH FILE as I have done for 20 years) to find the Audacity program. It is located at
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe. If I right-click the CyberLink ogg file and try to add this audacity.exe to the list, instead of adding it, it just opens the file with Audacity, and when I export the file (can't save, have to export),
    it is still a CyberLink file. I don't want CyberLink, I want Audacity. Why is this so hard in Win10? PS--I tried some of the suggestions in some previous answers here about file associations, but none of them worked for me.

StephenBrown_775, Sep 8, 2019
  4. painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files

Windows 10 - Painfully slow

Mine's the same. Painfully slow! And no, it's not at all the gradual aging of a computer. It was super fast and responsive until the moment Windows 10 went on. Now each double click just on a folder in the file explorer takes a long time to open and respond.

Windows 10 looks shiny and new, but under the hood it's so much slower than what it replaced.

Drivers have been updated too, so any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

GrahamKell, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files

1. painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files - Similar Threads - painfully slow file

2. How to delete opus audio file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete opus audio file: I renamed one audio file with extention awb to opus because it is not opening in windows 10 then i tried to open that it failed so i decided to delete same but not able to do it and tried t orename to old awb extenteson but failed pls help...
  3. ogg file lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ogg file lag: so rencently i want to type .ogg and its kill my explorer so i reset my pc and pls help to fix lag on my windows 11 : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ogg-file-lag/ab013b30-53ea-4725-9384-07f7f0c5aa87
  4. ogg file lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ogg file lag: so rencently i want to type .ogg and its kill my explorer so i reset my pc and pls help to fix lag on my windows 11 : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ogg-file-lag/ab013b30-53ea-4725-9384-07f7f0c5aa87
  5. .opus audio file tags, metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .opus audio file tags, metadata: How do I set Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 to display tags - metadata of .opus audio files?The opus could be the best free audio encoder, only struggling with compatibility issues in Windows File Explorer and Media Player....
  6. File Explorer is slow showing properties for .ogg type files.

File Explorer is slow showing properties for .ogg type files.: When I attempt to right click on a .ogg file to view the properties, File Explorer freezes for over a minute before finally completing the action. This problem only appears with .ogg type files, and all other files work fine. System Specifications: Edition - Windows 10...
  7. Issue with ogg files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with ogg files: When I try to rename an .ogg file, explorer crashes, when I delete the .ogg file, it doesn't delete it, and explorer crashes too when moving the .ogg file to another folder. I had this problem for some days and it's frustrating me a lot. submitted by /u/bkyaat [link]...
  8. ogg file

ogg file: I can't delete ogg file which is a tranferred file from my phone to my pc. The name of the file is hangouts_message and hangouts_incoming_call. I would love your generous response : God Bless...
  9. New installation - all file operations painfully slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New installation - all file operations painfully slow: First time Windows 10 user here. I've made a fresh installation on a new computer, and file operations like moving, copying or moving to trash are stupidly slow (waiting three minutes to move 20MB is not reasonable), in an SSD drive that's new and almost empty. How can I fix...
  10. cannot delete .ogg files

cannot delete .ogg files: Hi I'm running into a problem where I cant seem to delete or move any of my .ogg files. if theres a way to do it, I would love to hear it so that I can get rid of them. Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant move ogg files

2. delete opus file at windows 10

3. copy ogg file slow

4. audacity troubleshoot ogg files freezing computer