Windows 10: Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model

Discus and support Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using Paint 3D in a classroom...Some of our computers will not allow the 3D Library to place Models into Paint 3D. Other computers do allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jeffnold, Dec 4, 2019.

1. jeffnold Win User

Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model

I've been using Paint 3D in a classroom...Some of our computers will not allow the 3D Library to place Models into Paint 3D. Other computers do allow it. What is the fix for this? Tried all the updates from the Store.

:)

jeffnold, Dec 4, 2019

2. Paint 3d Imported Model is grey

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are facing difficulties in accessing a 3D model on Paint 3D app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of Paint 3D app installed?
    • Are you facing this problem with any specific model or with all the models?
    • Is this issue occurs with models with .obj file extension or with any other file extensions?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Ideally when you open an .obj file extension model, it will ask you to import the texture. Like it asked below. Since the file I created in .obj file format, I am unable to add any texture.

Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model d1e21c34-5e1e-43bf-8110-f75366c05fa2?upload=true.jpg

Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model 24218b4e-8bc8-4581-bad2-7873679f6bc5?upload=true.jpg

In this regard, we would like to know if you are prompted with the import texture and does the WinRar file contains the texture folder or it’s blank. If you are able to select the texture and you still get
    the grey scale like this

Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model f24acdc9-b7ac-4644-8bc9-97e1b29e2438?upload=true.jpg

Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model 8053ee67-209f-47e8-8ec1-02ed92a62f09?upload=true.jpg

Then we would suggest you to Repair and if not fixed, then Reset the Paint 3D app and then check.

Steps to repair or reset the app

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps, then select
      Apps & features from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and double click on
      Paint
      3D app.
    4. Click on Repair tab and follow the onscreen steps.
    5. Open the model in Paint 3D app and check.
    6. If the issue persist then Reset the
      Paint 3D app in the similar way.

If the issue persist after repair/reset, then try creating a new user account as this issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new
    user account and check if you face the same issue with the Paint 3D app, follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

Also check if you are able to access the model in 3D Viewer app as I am able to do and got the same view, when I created.

Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model e1833876-ef04-41bb-bdfe-d2459f06baf4?upload=true.jpg

In case you have a blank window when you try to import the texture, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement.
    Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback
    for this product so that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Please get back to us with the end result.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Xilinous Win User
    Erasing parts of 3D models on Paint 3D?

I'm playing around with 3D modelling on paint 3d but can't seem to figure out how to erase parts of the models?

This the model itself, not painting on the model

Can anybody help? Can't find anything on this, no tutorialsat all Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model :(

Xilinous, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model

Lowering triangle amount on Paint 3D

Hi,

The option to increase or decrease the number of triangles/polygons in
    Paint 3D
    is a great idea. We suggest the you share your idea/feedback so that it will be considered in future updates of the app. Here are the steps to send a feedback:

• Open the Paint 3D app.
    • Click on Menu.
    • On the lower left portion, select Help and Feedback.
    • Press the Give feedback button under Give feedback.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model

1. Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model - Similar Threads - Paint Cannot Place

2. Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?: I am a student and I have designed a pattern. I want to put the pattern on a 3D library item in Paint 3D a sweater to show how my pattern can be used and submit my pattern for an award They do care about copyright in the award. However, I'm not sure if this would be...
  3. Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?: I am a student and I have designed a pattern. I want to put the pattern on a 3D library item in Paint 3D a sweater to show how my pattern can be used and submit my pattern for an award They do care about copyright in the award. However, I'm not sure if this would be...
  4. paint 3d 3d models copyright

paint 3d 3d models copyright: I am a 3D model maker.Can I use 3D models without copyright?please reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-3d-models-copyright/a3325f48-05a8-4139-a4e5-1ebcdd65f4e7
  5. One question regarding 3D models in Paint 3D

One question regarding 3D models in Paint 3D: Hello, just found out that Microsoft Paint 3D has some good 3D models, and that you can export the model and import it to another program, but I have one doubt.When I select the model, does Paint 3D download the model? it takes some time to load the model after clicking it,...
  6. Paint 3D's 3D Model's Copywrights

Paint 3D's 3D Model's Copywrights: I am creating my company's logo via Paint 3D. I am using a lot of the 3D models in the Paint 3D library. I have resized them and added a lighting effect called "Minecraft day." Resizing them and changing the lighting is the only manipulation I have done to these models. These...
  7. Paint 3D - cannot place on canvas object from 3D library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paint 3D - cannot place on canvas object from 3D library: Hi, I tried this on several computers, at least 5 PC's, the problem is the same. After trying to add an object from 3D library on the canvas, I get the error: We couldn't place this model Try again later. [ATTACH][ATTACH] This is very annoying, I am sure it is not a...
  8. Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models

Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models: Hello, I am developing an application for my Bachelor's Thesis and I would like to include 3D models using templates from the Paint 3D library. The Thesis (including the app) will not be published and will only be given to the people responsible for grading it. I have read...
  9. Paint 3d Imported Model is grey

Paint 3d Imported Model is grey: Hi! I downloaded a model from the internet as a zip file (The model is obj file). When I go to Paint 3D app and import this model, thee model is shown without colors and textures - Just grey. How do I solve this? Thank you,...
  10. Importing models into Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing models into Paint 3D: Hello, I can import fbx and obj files into Paint 3D but the mapping is not maintained. I tried stickers and it looks like the uvw defaults to spherical. Is there any way to adjust the mapping in paint 3D? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 21h1 paint new features

2. paint 3d cant place model