Windows 10: Paint 3D Closes Unexpectedly And Doesn't Save Properly

Discus and support Paint 3D Closes Unexpectedly And Doesn't Save Properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open a saved project in Paint 3D it closes unexpectedly; no error messesage is given. This also occationally happens while I'm editing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AEPud, Jul 19, 2019.

1. AEPud Win User

Paint 3D Closes Unexpectedly And Doesn't Save Properly

When I try to open a saved project in Paint 3D it closes unexpectedly; no error messesage is given. This also occationally happens while I'm editing, for no apparent reason. Additionally, when I save (whether as a project or a 3D image) half the time the saved file will be 0 bytes, not containing any information.

I have run the troubleshooter for Windows apps, and I have reset Paint 3D. This has done nothing to solve the problem.

I hope you can help.

:)

AEPud, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Paint 3d closes unexpectedly

Hi,

The usual reasons why an app will close unexpectedly is due to software conflicts or broken system files. Since you’ve performed some steps on your end and still encountered the same result, we’d like to ask the questions below:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer? Type
      winver in the search box to get this information.
    • Can you tell us exactly these correcting methods that you’ve done?
    • Have you tried running the Windows app troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue?

Additionally, we suggest that you perform a clean boot
    to isolate this concern. This troubleshooting technique will help us identify if there are applications that may cause the app to close after a few seconds of launching it. Once you’re in the clean boot state, try to launch the Paint 3D and see if it will
    open successfully.

Note: After the troubleshooting, refer to this section: “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” on the same

support article
    to boot the computer in normal setup once the issue has been resolved.

We'll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Paint 3D and save as video option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

Run App troubleshooter

Reset Paint 3D app:

• Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and Security’.
    • Click on ‘Apps’ and choose ‘Apps and features’.
    • Locate the ‘Paint 3D’ app and click on it.
    • Select ‘Advanced options’ and choose ‘Reset’.
    • Wait for the reset to complete.
    • Close settings, launch ‘Paint 3D’ and try saving now.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Paint 3D Closes Unexpectedly And Doesn't Save Properly

Paint 3d closes unexpectedly

Ok so I updated to windows 10 then the creators update and now this last September update, so I am all up-to-date. However this new Paint 3d has never worked, I open it, then it closes itself after a few seconds, I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it. I
    have troubleshot it. I have used all of the correcting methods to try and fix this issue. I receive no error codes or messages or anything, it will just close a few seconds after it is open. So far windows 10 has given me only headache after headache. I can
    now see why this is free. I am all for change and security and updates, but when you force an item on people you could at least make sure it works correctly before you do it.

* Modified title from: Paint 3d

* Moved from Insider

JHdontlikewin10, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Paint 3D Closes Unexpectedly And Doesn't Save Properly

1. Paint 3D Closes Unexpectedly And Doesn't Save Properly - Similar Threads - Paint Closes Unexpectedly

2. Paint 3D not saving, resetting doesn't help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D not saving, resetting doesn't help.: Paint 3D was working great for a couple years, but then about a week ago, it didn't. Whenever I try to save an image as a PNG, or any other format, it would give me the "Couldn't save. Something went wrong." message. I know resetting the app commonly fixes this issue, but it...
  3. Paint 3D not saving, resetting doesn't help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D not saving, resetting doesn't help.: Paint 3D was working great for a couple years, but then about a week ago, it didn't. Whenever I try to save an image as a PNG, or any other format, it would give me the "Couldn't save. Something went wrong." message. I know resetting the app commonly fixes this issue, but it...
  4. Paint 3D will not save.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paint 3D will not save.: I'm currently on a low-end windows 10 desktop computer and have exclusively used Paint 3D for image editing. I found it easy to use and very accessible since I didn't have to pay for any key features that most if not all other editors put behind a paywall, it is also the only...
  5. Paint 3D will not save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D will not save.: I'm currently on a low-end windows 10 computer and have exclusively used Paint 3D for image editing. I found it easy to use and very accessible since I didn't have to pay for any key features that most if not all other editors put behind a paywall, it is also the only image...
  6. Paint 3D will not save.

Paint 3D will not save.: I'm currently on a low-end windows 10 computer and have exclusively used Paint 3D for image editing. I found it easy to use and very accessible since I didn't have to pay for any key features that most if not all other editors put behind a paywall, it is also the only image...
  7. saving in paint 3d

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving in paint 3d: I am having problems saving a projecdt in paint 3d. When i click save as, name the file and click save, a screen comes up saying there is a problem, and when i check the saved file it is completely black....
  8. saving in paint 3d

saving in paint 3d: I am having problems saving a projecdt in paint 3d. When i click save as, name the file and click save, a screen comes up saying there is a problem, and when i check the saved file it is completely black....
  9. Paint 3D Auto save

Paint 3D Auto save: I've been using Paint 3D to mess around with models to make animations of sorts, whenever I use the multiselect tool too much, my paint crashes and lose lots of progress. This just happened and I lost a good 20 minuets of work. Please consider this, thank you....
  10. Saving jpeg & Paint or Paint 3D

Saving jpeg & Paint or Paint 3D: If I take a picture or part of one open in paint, and then using the tool select the portion I want 'cut it out using 'Ctl+X' then do a select all Ctl+A and delete the rest, then Ctl+V to paste in the selection..... all works fine. Then when I go to save it seems to...