Windows 10: Paint 3D not loading projects.

Discus and support Paint 3D not loading projects. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I've been making a Unity project and have been using paint 3D to make my models. Recently, I made a model that isn't too complex in my opinion, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken Drummond, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Paint 3D not loading projects.

Hi. I've been making a Unity project and have been using paint 3D to make my models. Recently, I made a model that isn't too complex in my opinion, but when I went to save it, It took hours to save and never saved, like it got stuck. I closed it knowing it hadn't saved, and opened Paint 3D again. I went to open the recovered project, which was the project that I had just closed. It's image showed up and when I right-clicked it and saved it, it saved instantly as a resume-able project. Strange, right? Then, I try to open the project. It jsut sits at "Loading project..." for hours and hours and never, ever loads. I've tried 5 times so far but I get the same thing every time. In truth, I don't need to edit it anymore. All I want to do is save it as a .fbx file so that I can Export it into Unity. But I need to open it first, as is to my knowledge. It's ridiculous that I can't even open my own project now. I suspect that Paint 3D has gotten stuck into a loading loop because when I check my Computer Status and found out that Paint 3D is using 0% of my CPU when it's loading forever. It also uses hardly any memory when that happens, too. So t this, it seems as though it isn't even doing anything and is stuck "loading". Is there any way that I could either Open the project without the use of another app in a reasonable amount of time, or a way that I can save it as a .fbx file without opening it without the use of another app? Also, I don't want to overwrite the paint 3d project of the model. I want to save another one basically a copy but as a .fbx file. Command Prompt is disabled by my organization, so any solutions requiring me to use commands in Command Prompt unfortunately will not work. There wasn't a "saving and loading" sub-topic for Paint 3D in this Question, so I just chose "Install and Update", Sorry for the confusion there.

:)

Ken Drummond, Jan 19, 2021

2. Paint 3D will not load projects

Have 2 projects underway with Paint 3D. Tried to reload both (not at same time!) App hung for 30+ secs then messaged "can't read this file. Something went wrong."

Because Paint is embedded in Windows 10 is no way to uninstall or reinstall app. What a waste of space.

Any suggestions ?

Corystes C, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Paint 3D: Can't open project

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties with Paint 3D app on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Paint 3D installed on the PC?
    • Did you try opening any other project or did you try to open the same project on a different device?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform step 1, 3 & 7 from this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D app.

1. Close Paint 3D app. Press
      Windows + X key.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
      from the list.
    3. Copy and paste this command:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.MSPaint* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Press Enter key and once the process completes, restart the PC.
    5. After restart go to Microsoft Store and install
      Paint 3D.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Paint 3D not loading projects.

Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Paint 3D not loading projects.

1. Paint 3D not loading projects. - Similar Threads - Paint loading projects

2. Recovery of lost Paint 3D Project

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery of lost Paint 3D Project: Hello,I was working on a Paint 3D project and used "Save As Paint 3D Project" before closing my window. However, I am now unable to find my project. Could someone please help me with where these projects get saved? I've tried running a search across my system for the project...
  3. Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error: the project in 3D painting takes an awfully long time to load and an error like this pops up every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-project-is-so-long-loading-and-ends-with/6ca5df16-1f0a-45bb-9bc9-5d03bb710d38
  4. Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error: the project in 3D painting takes an awfully long time to load and an error like this pops up every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-project-is-so-long-loading-and-ends-with/6ca5df16-1f0a-45bb-9bc9-5d03bb710d38
  5. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D not saving my projects.: Hi Microsoft,I have been using Paint 3D for many years for my projects, but now it fails to save the projects. I have checked many other Q/A about this topic but none of the solutions help me.I had run troubleshoot, reset the app data, checked the Windows update and...
  6. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

Paint 3D not saving my projects.: Hi Microsoft,I have been using Paint 3D for many years for my projects, but now it fails to save the projects. I have checked many other Q/A about this topic but none of the solutions help me.I had run troubleshoot, reset the app data, checked the Windows update and...
  7. 3D Paint won't open a project

3D Paint won't open a project: I've been using the 3D Paint app for a project, but after I saved it to work on it later, it would not allow me to open it. It comes up with the message, 'Can't read that file', 'Something went wrong.' This pops up for two of my files in the app, but not for all of my files...
  8. Paint 3D: Can't open project

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paint 3D: Can't open project: Hello Windows Community, I was doing something in Paint 3D, when suddenly, my screen turns black and then goes back to normal. Paint 3D then had an error that said, "Paint 3D needs to close: Not sure what happened, but we're working on it." I tried finding answers to this...
  9. transferring paint 3d project files

transferring paint 3d project files: How do I transfer paint 3d project files to another computer runnig paint 3d? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-paint-3d-project-files/9035ee8e-1214-4d18-a2be-58911f118587
  10. Paint 3d projects deleted

Paint 3d projects deleted: Paint 3d was not responding, so i did a reset. It said no files would be deleted, but they all were. I still have files i saved as glb files, but 2d projects are gone. A system restore did not help. Nor did a recover search for the Ms Paint app data bin files. Are my projects...