Windows 10: Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed

Discus and support Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was working on something in Paint 3D and the program crashed for some reason and when I try to load the project, it tells me "Can't open that file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EvanCoombs, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed

I was working on something in Paint 3D and the program crashed for some reason and when I try to load the project, it tells me "Can't open that file something went wrong."Is there a way to recover my project?

:)

EvanCoombs, Jul 26, 2021

2. Paint 3D: Can't open project

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties with Paint 3D app on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Paint 3D installed on the PC?
    • Did you try opening any other project or did you try to open the same project on a different device?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform step 1, 3 & 7 from this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D app.

1. Close Paint 3D app. Press
      Windows + X key.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
      from the list.
    3. Copy and paste this command:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.MSPaint* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Press Enter key and once the process completes, restart the PC.
    5. After restart go to Microsoft Store and install
      Paint 3D.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Paint 3D: Can't open project

Hello Windows Community,

I was doing something in Paint 3D, when suddenly, my screen turns black and then goes back to normal. Paint 3D then had an error that said, "Paint 3D needs to close: Not sure what happened, but we're working on it." I tried finding answers to this question,
    and found some others looking for answers to this but with no answers. When I reopened Paint 3D, the project I was working on had been recovered. I decided to save the file before I opened it (right-clicked and chose save option) and it was now a project I
    could open. I then opened the file and got this error down below. What happened?

Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed afcb6d2b-26c2-43c8-8e82-20d08f5d72d0?upload=true.png

WindowsBird, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed

transferring paint 3d project files

How do I transfer paint 3d project files to another computer runnig paint 3d?

richardFisher5, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed

1. Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed - Similar Threads - Paint project won't

2. Paint 3d won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d won't open: Paint 3D won't open at all for me.I've tried reinstalling it,I've checked for updates but nothing is working and the same thing has happened to my friends Paint 3D as well. We don't want to restart them because it says that it will delete all our creations and we don't want...
  3. Paint 3d won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3d won't open: Paint 3D won't open at all for me.I've tried reinstalling it,I've checked for updates but nothing is working and the same thing has happened to my friends Paint 3D as well. We don't want to restart them because it says that it will delete all our creations and we don't want...
  4. Paint 3D won't open.

Paint 3D won't open.: I was using paint 3Dand There was a glitch and I managed to add an extra custom colour, and then it crashed and now every time I try to open it the app shows the loading screen and then it closes the app....
  5. 3D Paint won't open specific projects

3D Paint won't open specific projects: I've been using the 3D Paint app for a project, but after I saved it to work on it later, it would not allow me to open it. It comes up with the message, 'Can't read that file', 'Something went wrong.' This pops up for two of my files in the app, but not for all of my files...
  6. 3D Paint won't open a project

3D Paint won't open a project: I've been using the 3D Paint app for a project, but after I saved it to work on it later, it would not allow me to open it. It comes up with the message, 'Can't read that file', 'Something went wrong.' This pops up for two of my files in the app, but not for all of my files...
  7. Paint 3D: Can't open project

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paint 3D: Can't open project: Hello Windows Community, I was doing something in Paint 3D, when suddenly, my screen turns black and then goes back to normal. Paint 3D then had an error that said, "Paint 3D needs to close: Not sure what happened, but we're working on it." I tried finding answers to this...
  8. Paint 3D won't open saved project.

Paint 3D won't open saved project.: I want to recover a paint 3d project that will no longer open. Can anyone open the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-wont-open-saved-project/d83ac2d3-c13d-42b6-9a28-e3caef599851
  9. Paint 3D Projects keep crashing

Paint 3D Projects keep crashing: I have been a long user of Paint 3D and I am becoming increasingly frustrated with spending hours making beautiful 3D models to have them simply disappear or become some "error" that is unfixable. There is no logical pattern to it. Sometimes it works fine, saves, and I am...
  10. Paint 3d projects deleted

Paint 3d projects deleted: Paint 3d was not responding, so i did a reset. It said no files would be deleted, but they all were. I still have files i saved as glb files, but 2d projects are gone. A system restore did not help. Nor did a recover search for the Ms Paint app data bin files. Are my projects...