Windows 10: Paint 3d wont load when I click my project

Discus and support Paint 3d wont load when I click my project in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Paint 3D project was about 35 pictures and 35 textboxes that I was creating for a home project. I saved it to work on it later, when I tried to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevDad01, Mar 29, 2020.

1. KevDad01 Win User

Paint 3d wont load when I click my project

My Paint 3D project was about 35 pictures and 35 textboxes that I was creating for a home project. I saved it to work on it later, when I tried to open it later it would go to the loading screen but after 20 seconds paint 3D would just close. I tried everything and don't know how to open it!

:)

KevDad01, Mar 29, 2020

2. Paint 3D will not load projects

Have 2 projects underway with Paint 3D. Tried to reload both (not at same time!) App hung for 30+ secs then messaged "can't read this file. Something went wrong."

Because Paint is embedded in Windows 10 is no way to uninstall or reinstall app. What a waste of space.

Any suggestions ?

Corystes C, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 29, 2020
  4. malexmc Win User

Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hey Gerard,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here's where I'm at:

We suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after
    running the troubleshooter.

I have ran the troubleshooter which completed a reset and opening of the windows store. It listed the issue of "Windows Store cache may be damaged" as being fixed. When I repoen and rerun the troubleshooter, it continues to find and "fix" the same issue
    each time shown in Figure 1.

Paint 3d wont load when I click my project 0973dc5e-04a6-4260-82d8-dbc07792be31?upload=true.png

Figure 1: Windows Store Troubleshooter

I have tried to open the files through the open dialog in Paint 3D. The problem that I am seeing is that Paint 3D projects don't seem to have a master file that Paint 3D itself can recognize. In each project there is at most a thumbnail
    and several .bin type files which cannot be opened from Paint 3D as in Figures 2 and 3

Paint 3d wont load when I click my project 4b93c72e-53e0-4b80-8678-5bbf943e542b?upload=true.png

Figure 2: Data files of one project that cannot be found

Paint 3d wont load when I click my project 668ffbaf-b218-464d-9773-46a71cc77bf7?upload=true.png
    Figure
    3: The same project directory from Figure 2, but from the Open dialog.

Sorry for being vague. After the data loss, I created two new projects,
    radda and radda2 to see if they would be identified in the open screen. They were, and this is the current projects.JSON file in the Paint 3D directory:

[{"Id":"{755cfc74-87ba-474b-9882-c221017bbbaa}","SourceId":"","Name":"Untitled","URI":"","DateTime":1.3162058946403906E+17,"Path":"Projects\\Untitled","SourceFilePath":"","Version":0.21,"IsRecovered":false,"IsPreviouslySaved":false},{"Id":"{d0ed6c56-dbe1-4136-88dc-9dd2496dd535}","SourceId":"","Name":"radda2","URI":"ms-appdata:///local/Projects/Untitled
    (39)/Thumbnail.png","DateTime":1.316189481089825E+17,"Path":"Projects\\Untitled (39)","SourceFilePath":"","Version":0.21,"IsRecovered":false,"IsPreviouslySaved":true},{"Id":"{1c0fc511-8370-4c2e-a882-a776daa73b6d}","SourceId":"","Name":"radda","URI":"ms-appdata:///local/Projects/Untitled
    (37)/Thumbnail.png","DateTime":1.3161894802891816E+17,"Path":"Projects\\Untitled (37)","SourceFilePath":"","Version":0.21,"IsRecovered":false,"IsPreviouslySaved":true}]

While it's kind of a mess in that form, you can see clear references to radda and radda2, while none of the other projects are referenced at all except for a project named "Untitled" which doesn't exist
    in the open screen. This is what I meant by projects.JSON not pointing to the old projects.

Thank you for taking the time to sort through this. Let me know if there is any more information I can offer.

-Alex

malexmc, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Paint 3d wont load when I click my project - Similar Threads - Paint wont load

2. My paint 3d crashed and all of my 3d projects are deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My paint 3d crashed and all of my 3d projects are deleted: I wanted to load a 3d project but my paint 3d crashed, when I opened it i saw that there aren't my models, i opened the app again and still no models, why did this happen, can i get them back somehow?...
  3. Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error

Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error: the project in 3D painting takes an awfully long time to load and an error like this pops up every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-project-is-so-long-loading-and-ends-with/6ca5df16-1f0a-45bb-9bc9-5d03bb710d38
  4. Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D project is so long loading and ends with error: the project in 3D painting takes an awfully long time to load and an error like this pops up every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-project-is-so-long-loading-and-ends-with/6ca5df16-1f0a-45bb-9bc9-5d03bb710d38
  5. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paint 3D not saving my projects.: Hi Microsoft,I have been using Paint 3D for many years for my projects, but now it fails to save the projects. I have checked many other Q/A about this topic but none of the solutions help me.I had run troubleshoot, reset the app data, checked the Windows update and...
  6. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D not saving my projects.: Hi Microsoft,I have been using Paint 3D for many years for my projects, but now it fails to save the projects. I have checked many other Q/A about this topic but none of the solutions help me.I had run troubleshoot, reset the app data, checked the Windows update and...
  7. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

8. Paint 3D not loading projects.

Paint 3D not loading projects.: Hi. I've been making a Unity project and have been using paint 3D to make my models. Recently, I made a model that isn't too complex in my opinion, but when I went to save it, It took hours to save and never saved, like it got stuck. I closed it knowing it hadn't saved, and...
  9. Paint 3D deleted all my projects!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paint 3D deleted all my projects!: I opened Paint 3D today for a project, but when I went into the Open section, all my projects were gone. I saved every single one of them as Paint 3D projects so I could work on them because I needed them for schoolwork, but now the Open section is empty. How do I get my...
  10. Paint 3d projects deleted

Paint 3d projects deleted: Paint 3d was not responding, so i did a reset. It said no files would be deleted, but they all were. I still have files i saved as glb files, but 2d projects are gone. A system restore did not help. Nor did a recover search for the Ms Paint app data bin files. Are my projects...