Windows 10: Paint 3D won't open saved project.

Discus and support Paint 3D won't open saved project. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to recover a paint 3d project that will no longer open. Can anyone open the file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeneLopez, Apr 21, 2020.

1. GeneLopez Win User

Paint 3D won't open saved project.

I want to recover a paint 3d project that will no longer open.

Can anyone open the file?

:)

GeneLopez, Apr 21, 2020

2. Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Apr 21, 2020
  3. 3D Paint: Can't open saved projects

Tonight I spent several hours making a project in paint 3D as a friends birthday gift. I saved it several times along the way and after taking a single screenshot I closed it, planning to finish it later. Minutes later, I opened it again
    to take more pictures and in about 30 seconds I recieved the error "Can't open that file: Something went wrong." I can see the preview for the files but none actually open. I've researched online but I can't find any real answers. I tested several files and
    even a flat single color image cannot be opened. I really hope I can open the file at least one more time so i can give the gift to my friend.

Important Info:

• The issue occurred tonight (8/30/2017)
    • I cannot open even the simplest paint 3d file.
    • I ran the troubleshooter for Windows
      apps
    • I tried to save the files located in appdata (so that I could reinstall) but am unable.
    Thank you so much in advance.

MerryMidlight, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Paint 3D won't open saved project.

Paint 3D deleted all my projects!

I opened Paint 3D today for a project, but when I went into the Open section, all my projects were gone. I saved every single one of them as Paint 3D projects so I could work on them because I needed them for schoolwork, but now the Open section is empty.
    How do I get my projects back?

Samantha Chou, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Paint 3D won't open saved project.

1. Paint 3D won't open saved project. - Similar Threads - Paint won't open

2. Paint 3D: Can't open saved project for Sonic the Hedgehog tutorial.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D: Can't open saved project for Sonic the Hedgehog tutorial.: I am making part 4 of my Sonic the Hedgehog model in Paint 3D in my school computer, but the file in Paint 3D that I used the file is called "Modeling Sonic the Hedgehog in Paint 3D pt 2" but it doesn't load in my school computer because for some unknown reason, it...
  3. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paint 3D not saving my projects.: Hi Microsoft,I have been using Paint 3D for many years for my projects, but now it fails to save the projects. I have checked many other Q/A about this topic but none of the solutions help me.I had run troubleshoot, reset the app data, checked the Windows update and...
  4. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D not saving my projects.: Hi Microsoft,I have been using Paint 3D for many years for my projects, but now it fails to save the projects. I have checked many other Q/A about this topic but none of the solutions help me.I had run troubleshoot, reset the app data, checked the Windows update and...
  5. Paint 3D not saving my projects.

6. Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed: I was working on something in Paint 3D and the program crashed for some reason and when I try to load the project, it tells me "Can't open that file something went wrong."Is there a way to recover my project?...
  7. Paint 3D Location, Finding Saved Projects, Exporting Saved Projects

Paint 3D Location, Finding Saved Projects, Exporting Saved Projects: I was unable to find my Paint 3D projects with the link given from google search. To find my projects I chose an image I had, chose "Edit and Create", then "Edit with Paint 3D" then clicked on "MENU". This gave ALL my saved Paint 3D projects. I Opened my project and Right...
  8. 3D Paint won't open specific projects

3D Paint won't open specific projects: I've been using the 3D Paint app for a project, but after I saved it to work on it later, it would not allow me to open it. It comes up with the message, 'Can't read that file', 'Something went wrong.' This pops up for two of my files in the app, but not for all of my files...
  9. 3D Paint won't open a project

3D Paint won't open a project: I've been using the 3D Paint app for a project, but after I saved it to work on it later, it would not allow me to open it. It comes up with the message, 'Can't read that file', 'Something went wrong.' This pops up for two of my files in the app, but not for all of my files...
  10. Paint 3D: Can't open project

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paint 3D: Can't open project: Hello Windows Community, I was doing something in Paint 3D, when suddenly, my screen turns black and then goes back to normal. Paint 3D then had an error that said, "Paint 3D needs to close: Not sure what happened, but we're working on it." I tried finding answers to this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recover lost paint 3d