Windows 10: Paint app, problem with outlines

Discus and support Paint app, problem with outlines in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was changing a scanned picture in Paint trying to improve outlines and change color. I made a copy of the image and saved it. When I came back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elizabeth Dennis1, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Paint app, problem with outlines

I was changing a scanned picture in Paint trying to improve outlines and change color. I made a copy of the image and saved it. When I came back to work with this picture I saw that outlines are of different shades of red and pixelated. What can I do to resolve the problem?

:)

Elizabeth Dennis1, Feb 23, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Paint 3D app problem

Hi Laura, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you should repair your Paint 3D app

Firstly, try to reset this app. Follow the steps below:

1). Click on 'Windows key + I' together and open 'Settings'

2). Tap on Apps - Apps & features - Paint 3D - Advanced options

3). Tap on 'Reset'

Next, uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D app. Follow the steps below:

1). Click on the Start button

2). Type in 'Windows PowerShell' - right click on it - choose 'Run as administrator'.

3). Copy / paste the command below without quotes.

'Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.MSPaint | Remove-AppxPackage'

4). Click on Enter

5). Go to the Microsoft Store to download and reinstall the Paint 3D app.

NighthawkX, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Paint app, problem with outlines

Paint

Hi,

We understand that you want to change a specific file format to .jpg using Paint app. To perform that, just follow the simple steps:

• Open the image or the file to Paint app.
    • On Paint app, click File.
    • Select Save as and choose JPEG picture.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Paint app, problem with outlines

1. Paint app, problem with outlines - Similar Threads - Paint app problem

2. MS Paint on Windows 11 no longer showing secondary outline text color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint on Windows 11 no longer showing secondary outline text color: I've been using MS paint for years now and never had an issue with the simple process of making text one color and the outline of the text a different one. Suddenly its only registering the primary text color and not the outline color and I'm at a loss as to why. Its just the...
  3. Paint Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Problems: In paint is there a way to get white text? Since the update, with a black background the white text is slightly transparent & becomes greyish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-problems/09821191-6644-49b8-a9a4-d3c0501204bb
  4. Paint Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint Problems: In paint is there a way to get white text? Since the update, with a black background the white text is slightly transparent & becomes greyish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-problems/09821191-6644-49b8-a9a4-d3c0501204bb
  5. paint app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paint app: Hello.Recently i have installed windows 11.I noticed that paint app isnot working.I open it but it freezes ana after a few seconds close.I can't edi a file or copy paste a screenshot with alt +prtscreen key...
  6. paint app

paint app: Hello.Recently i have installed windows 11.I noticed that paint app isnot working.I open it but it freezes ana after a few seconds close.I can't edi a file or copy paste a screenshot with alt +prtscreen key...
  7. Paint app

Paint app: SKEW command cobbled. I'm using Windows 10 and Office 365. The SKEW command is supposed to skew an object horizontally left or right and vertically up and down. Skewing right is accomplished by entering a positive number in the "horizontal" field. Skewing left used to happen...
  8. Problems with paint

Problems with paint: I can't copy a small selected parts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-paint/4f49ef00-2a06-4027-b9b0-d4d1047d60c0
  9. Paint 3D app problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paint 3D app problem: I encountered a problem with Paint 3D app because I cannot change a color of a specific area on the model. It occurs every time I try to save my project, even if I use a sticker before. All the other parts are colored without problems but this specific area is not....
  10. Paint 3d app problem

Paint 3d app problem: After the creator update everything was ok except for Paint 3d. It opens ok and I start to create something but when I click on some of the actions the prog shuts down for no reason. Is there a way that I can reinstall it. I have tried the app store but the app wont download....