Windows 10: Paint default save format

Discus and support Paint default save format in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to change Paint default save-as format from PNG to JPG ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard_last, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Paint default save format

How to change Paint default save-as format from PNG to JPG ?

:)

Richard_last, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Fresh Paint - Saving images in different formats

Hi Andrew,

You can use the Fresh Paint application to lower the file size of an image. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Open Fresh Paint.
    • On the upper left part of the application, click the three line icon.
    • Click Import.
    • Choose Photos.
    • On the upper right part of the application, click Find Files.
    • Locate and open the picture you want.
    • Beside the Layout, click Start Painting.
    • On the upper left part of the application, click the three line icon again.
    • Select Save As.
    • Choose a location you want to save the file.
    • After choosing a location you want to save the file, click the Save as type: drop-down menu.
    • Choose JPG Format.
    • Click Save.
    Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Paint

Hi,

We understand that you want to change a specific file format to .jpg using Paint app. To perform that, just follow the simple steps:

• Open the image or the file to Paint app.
    • On Paint app, click File.
    • Select Save as and choose JPEG picture.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Paint default save format

Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Paint default save format

1. Paint default save format - Similar Threads - Paint default save

2. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  3. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  4. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg: Hi,I want Paint 3D to save images as .jpg by default, not .png. I can only find info on changing MS Paint which does not apply to Paint 3D.I'm using a Surface Pro 4Anyone.... Bueller????...
  5. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg: Hi,I want Paint 3D to save images as .jpg by default, not .png. I can only find info on changing MS Paint which does not apply to Paint 3D.I'm using a Surface Pro 4Anyone.... Bueller????...
  6. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

7. Paint default

Paint default: Paint began defaulting to the file tab instead of the home tab. How to reset back to Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-default/284ac7fb-a8d5-4786-afe8-81da0950cef3
  8. Change default save as file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default save as file format: Hi Normally my laptop default save as file is jpeg. Recently I downloaded tiff file to my laptop. And now my default save as file change to tiff format. Please help how to change back to jpeg format....
  9. MS Paint will not save in .emf format

MS Paint will not save in .emf format: Not sure what the problem is, but I thought you could edit and save .emf files in MS Paint. I can open and edit no problem, but when I try to save, the default goes to .heic, and I can't get the .emf save option anywhere.......
  10. MS Paint - default 'Save As" location

MS Paint - default 'Save As" location: Hello, I read through a very old post that had the same issue, but no solution. We use Paint a lot for work. We take photos, transfer them to the server folder location we need them. Then open them in paint to edit. Go to Save-As and, being so used to the way it worked...