Windows 10: Paint default

Discus and support Paint default in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Paint began defaulting to the file tab instead of the home tab. How to reset back to Home?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KathrynCrossin, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Paint default

Paint began defaulting to the file tab instead of the home tab. How to reset back to Home?

:)

KathrynCrossin, Feb 24, 2021

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Paint default

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Paint default

1. Paint default - Similar Threads - Paint default

2. How to change default save as type in ms paint? Workaround is modify JPEG as template

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default save as type in ms paint? Workaround is modify JPEG as template: Instead of trying to modify default save as, I am now modifying existing before pasting my screenshots to upload to Tech SupportOpen MS PaintClick FileSelect blank JPEG...
  3. How to change default save as type in ms paint? Workaround is modify JPEG as template

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default save as type in ms paint? Workaround is modify JPEG as template: Instead of trying to modify default save as, I am now modifying existing before pasting my screenshots to upload to Tech SupportOpen MS PaintClick FileSelect blank JPEG...
  4. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  5. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  6. Change default font size in MS Paint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default font size in MS Paint?: How can I change the default font size which is 11 pt of MS Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-size-in-ms-paint/16203e1e-dd73-4723-90fe-875a3d61869e
  7. Change default font size in MS Paint?

Change default font size in MS Paint?: How can I change the default font size which is 11 pt of MS Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-size-in-ms-paint/16203e1e-dd73-4723-90fe-875a3d61869e
  8. Mail and Calendar/paint not on All apps list, when I see it on default apps and open it it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calendar/paint not on All apps list, when I see it on default apps and open it it...: I am missing a bunch of apps, like Paint and Mail is missing. When to the Microsoft Store app or the Mircosoft store in the browser it saysit is installed. I can't even take a screenshot to show as like I mentioned the Paint app is missing. I would just like it so I can click...
  9. Mail and Calendar/paint not on All apps list, when I see it on default apps and open it it...

Mail and Calendar/paint not on All apps list, when I see it on default apps and open it it...: I am missing a bunch of apps, like Paint and Mail is missing. When to the Microsoft Store app or the Mircosoft store in the browser it saysit is installed. I can't even take a screenshot to show as like I mentioned the Paint app is missing. I would just like it so I can click...
  10. Set Classic Paint As Default In Win 11 After 22H2 Update

Set Classic Paint As Default In Win 11 After 22H2 Update: Hi,I tried new Paint on my Win 11 pc, but I prefer the old MS Paint, and was wondering how to get it back after 22H2? I tried the steps recommended in this old MS thread, but I had no success; presumably because of changes after the 22H2 update:...