Windows 10: Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files

Discus and support Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Build 18362. The HEIF Image Extensions show as 'This product is installed' when viewed from the Microsoft Store. When I double click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by randybw57, Aug 29, 2019.

1. randybw57 Win User

Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files

Windows 10 Pro Build 18362.

The HEIF Image Extensions show as 'This product is installed' when viewed from the Microsoft Store.

When I double click on a HEIC image file I get Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files 18f822f1-9366-4fd1-8d16-27e71e129c36?upload=true.jpg

I've tried using both Paint and Paint 3D as the Default App for Image Viewing.

The error message appears to be the same.

I can see a thumbnail of the HEIC image in File Explorer.

Thanks for any help or advice!

:)

randybw57, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Thanatica Win User

Paint 3D cannot open STL files

Please update Paint 3D to be able to open STL files. View 3D *can* open them just fine.

When I open them in View 3D, and click the "Paint 3D" button, it gives this error message:

"We couldn't open Paint 3D. Wait a bit, then try again."

I did, and it keeps failing. So then, I manually go to Paint 3D, and open the file from there. In order to do that, I have to enter "*.*" as the filename, otherwise it won't pop up. The file types dropdown doesn't list STL files. But that's for good reason,
    apparently, because Paint 3D says:

"Paint 3D can't read this file. It may be invalid, or in a format that we don't currently support."

So, recap:

1) The file is completely valid, because View 3D can open it just fine

2) Why can Paint 3D not open a file, while View 3D can?

3) Please add this functionality to paint 3D. It's an industry standard file type for 3D models.

This is on Windows 10.0.15063.

Thanatica, Aug 29, 2019
  3. 3D Paint

If that does not work, download the following utility, extract it, launch it, scroll through the list, select Paint 3D then click Remove:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Otherwise, you can choose another program to open and view files that normally open in Paint.

Right click a known file that is currently opening in Paint 3D

Click Properties

Click the General tab

Click Change

Choose Paint or another program.

Andre for Directly, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files

Lowering triangle amount on Paint 3D

Hi,

The option to increase or decrease the number of triangles/polygons in
    Paint 3D
    is a great idea. We suggest the you share your idea/feedback so that it will be considered in future updates of the app. Here are the steps to send a feedback:

• Open the Paint 3D app.
    • Click on Menu.
    • On the lower left portion, select Help and Feedback.
    • Press the Give feedback button under Give feedback.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files

1. Paint & Paint 3D Can't open HEIC files - Similar Threads - Paint Paint Can't

2. 3D paint files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D paint files: Hello all. I was wondering if anyone might be able to advise me. I am still using Windows 10 and I love using 3D paint as it is a great tool if you're into making game development art. I had several projects with MS 3D Paint. I never could locate my project files in fie...
  3. 3D paint files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D paint files: Hello all. I was wondering if anyone might be able to advise me. I am still using Windows 10 and I love using 3D paint as it is a great tool if you're into making game development art. I had several projects with MS 3D Paint. I never could locate my project files in fie...
  4. 3D paint files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't open Paint 3D

Can't open Paint 3D: Dear Microsoft and People that see this questionI have a question because I can't open Paint 3D. When I click the app, the app simply vanished or closed automatically. Also when I open using Paint the normal one the pp closed itslef but the original Paint survived. Please...
  6. Paint 3D: Can't open project

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paint 3D: Can't open project: Hello Windows Community, I was doing something in Paint 3D, when suddenly, my screen turns black and then goes back to normal. Paint 3D then had an error that said, "Paint 3D needs to close: Not sure what happened, but we're working on it." I tried finding answers to this...
  7. Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files

Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files: I have a friend who installed the latest Windows 10 update last week, but after installation she was missing all her data. I discovered that her profile had become corrupt with the user profile set to a backup status, and each time she logged in she was using a temporary...
  8. Can't open Paint 3D

Can't open Paint 3D: I can't open Paint 3D on my lap although i try to re-install it and the result this app still not working. Just display about 3 or 5 seconds and it close itself. Anyone else know how to fix this issues? Show me, pls... Thanks alot!!...
  9. Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D

Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D: I really don't know what y'all did to break them, but since the last Windows 10 update, the select and crop functions in both Paint and Paint 3D are broken. I can't select a portion of the image without the selection box skittering across the screen, basically rendering the...
  10. Paint : Remove "open paint 3d" within MS Paint

Paint : Remove "open paint 3d" within MS Paint: Hi, I have completely removed Paint 3D In MS Paint their is a option at the top that says "Open Paint 3D" how can i remove that? [img] 111166

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paint cannot read this file heic

2. heic paint error open file