Windows 10: Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

Discus and support Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just a few days ago Paint Shop Pro 7 started going non-responsive when ever I go to open a file. All I do is click on open, and then try to search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DannyKing5, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

Just a few days ago Paint Shop Pro 7 started going non-responsive when ever I go to open a file. All I do is click on open, and then try to search folders for a file. The program goes non responsive as soon as I try to switch folders. I have to go into Task Manager and stop running it everytime I try to use it.Also when I try to run Paint Shop Pro 9, it never opens now.. It shows up as running under Task Manager, but the program itself never starts up.Can someone help me with this as I really like PSP 7 and use it about everyday.

:)

DannyKing5, Jan 20, 2022

2. Is Jasc Paint Shop Pro Version 7 compatible with Windows 10?

I see that "Paint Shop Pro Anniversary Version 7" is listed as compatible with Windows 10. But it does not specify Jasc, and I don't know if my version is "Anniversary". Can anyone confirm that the Jasc Paint Shop Pro version 7 is compatible
    too?

seattleannie, Jan 20, 2022
  3. MyOhMaja Win User
    Is Jasc Paint Shop Pro Version 7 compatible with Windows 10?

This just started happening to me today. I updated to Windows 10 when it was released and Paint Shop Pro worked fine with it. Today I tried to open the program and I get "Browse for Folder. Please choose a user directory." but I don't know what this means.
    Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders :( Nothing helps when I click anything anyway. Is there a fix for this? I have other programs but I prefer PSP7 for photos. Thanks.

MyOhMaja, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

Is Jasc Paint Shop Pro Version 7 compatible with Windows 10?

I use "Jasc Paint Shop Pro Version 7" and yes, it works on Windows 10. The only thing that doesn't work for me on version 7 is the "Help" files. Each time I try to open those Help files, Windows will open up this web page:

Error opening Help in Windows-based programs: "Feature not included" or "Help not supported"

I have NOT downloaded the "WinHlp32.exe" file because it doesn't state on Microsoft's website whether or not it's compatible with Windows "10." Perhaps someone else here can tell us whether that file will also work on Windows 10.

BlackHeartNY13, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

1. Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders - Similar Threads - Paint Shop Pro

2. Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders: Just a few days ago Paint Shop Pro 7 started going non-responsive when ever I go to open a file. All I do is click on open, and then try to search folders for a file. The program goes non responsive as soon as I try to switch folders. I have to go into Task Manager and stop...
  3. Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders: Just a few days ago Paint Shop Pro 7 started going non-responsive when ever I go to open a file. All I do is click on open, and then try to search folders for a file. The program goes non responsive as soon as I try to switch folders. I have to go into Task Manager and stop...
  4. Error Installing Paint Shop Pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Installing Paint Shop Pro 7: I installed PSP7 from a memory stick previously and had no issue sourced from the install CD via another computer with a CD drive However now I'm getting this error when installing from my C drive. files were copied from an external hard drive. I have an issue with...
  5. Paint Pro Shop convert text

Paint Pro Shop convert text: Hi, How can i convert a text in curves? After I create the text with the right button I click on convert text to curves and As character Shapes and then how should I export or save it? Thanks 182254
  6. Paint Shop Pro 7 - asking for User directory on startup

Paint Shop Pro 7 - asking for User directory on startup: i have had the well-documented problem of Paint Shop Pro 7 ancient i know putting up a dialog to select a user folder - apparently this happens when windows updates 10 are pending and the program files/Jasc folder is no longer available to store user info - the easy solution...
  7. Problems with Paint Shop Pro 7 running in Windows 10

Problems with Paint Shop Pro 7 running in Windows 10: Do you know that when you check Run As Administrator on Paint Shop Pro 7 compatibility, it causes the problems dbl-click file failure, drag and drop file failure that you guys have tried to solve in these help Forums? Thought you should know....
  8. paint shop pro ultimate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    paint shop pro ultimate: after the last update from microsoft, psp opens with a yellow screen. after haven several contact with corel, even had help from a distance, the final answer was.....its not the program , its due to the update from microsoft. please a solution...
  9. Paint shop pro 7 in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paint shop pro 7 in Win 10: Hi i am trying to use PSP7 in win 10, it used to work fine but after an update ? not working. also i cannot use compatability mode as this is not working, I am getting error code 0x80070057....
  10. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI

in Windows 10 Support
    Corel Paint Shop Pro XI: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...