Windows 10: Paint Shop Pro 9 64 bit won't open after windows 20H2 update

Discus and support Paint Shop Pro 9 64 bit won't open after windows 20H2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The 32 bit version still works but the 64 bit version just shows the start up window for a couple seconds then disappears. It should proceed to saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ronnone, Mar 2, 2021.

1. ronnone Win User

Paint Shop Pro 9 64 bit won't open after windows 20H2 update

The 32 bit version still works but the 64 bit version just shows the start up window for a couple seconds then disappears. It should proceed to saying "command manager, Update Cache, and then open the program.

Under Properties Security permission is granted to all users.

If I click on open with it does the same thing.

Going to program.exe same thing.

Dragging a picture onto the desktop icon, same thing.

I have restarted the pc as well as completely shut it down a number of times with the problem remaining.

The Paint Shop Pro program has all the updates. version 19.2.07 X64

:)

ronnone, Mar 2, 2021

2. JASC paint shop pro 9

My mother has used paint shop pro 9 for years and everything has worked great till about December 22, 2017 when an update was done and now it will not work. I have uninstalled paint shop, reinstalled it. I have even factory restored her computer and those
    2 updates KB4057247 and KB4054022 is still on there. I even have updates disabled at the moment. When reinstalling it, it would freeze on registering modules. Paint shop 7 and 8 and animation shop all work. It's just 9 that will not work. She is running
    Windows 10. I also have Windows 10 on my laptop and I installed paint shop 9 (from the same cd I am using on hers) and it works on my computer.

I set up another user and switched users and got paint shop pro 9 to install but it will not open.

I know a little about computers but not a whole lot. So if anyone can help, I need it simple. Any help will be greatly appreciated because I'm ready to take a hammer to her computer.

Thanks

Cindy

CindyFowler1, Mar 2, 2021
  3. JASC paint shop pro 9

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. But sickness and then ice and snow and couldn't get her computer to the shop.

But I took it in and it was an Intel driver that was messing up paint shop pro 9. He installed an older Intel driver and paint shop pro 9 now works.

Thanks again for all the help.

4. Paint Shop Pro 9 64 bit won't open after windows 20H2 update

JASC paint shop pro 9

If she bought a new computer would paint shop pro 9 work if I did NOT let it install any updates?

Thema:

Paint Shop Pro 9 64 bit won't open after windows 20H2 update

1. Paint Shop Pro 9 64 bit won't open after windows 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Paint Shop Pro

2. Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9: I have just purchased a new desktop running Win10. Before updating to Win11, I want to load all the S/W from the old box.When I load my old Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 disc and clicked *autorun.exe*, I am told I am a limited user and need Admin Rights in order to proceed. My...
  3. Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9: I have just purchased a new desktop running Win10. Before updating to Win11, I want to load all the S/W from the old box.When I load my old Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 disc and clicked *autorun.exe*, I am told I am a limited user and need Admin Rights in order to proceed. My...
  4. Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Paint Pro Shop convert text

Paint Pro Shop convert text: Hi, How can i convert a text in curves? After I create the text with the right button I click on convert text to curves and As character Shapes and then how should I export or save it? Thanks 182254
  6. 64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer

64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer: I bought a windows kit from Amazon, came in a box with a usb drive. I just built my 1st pc my processer in an AMD Rayzen 5 3600x it is for sure 64 bit based. I went to install Windows home 64 bit but it gave me a message saying it failed to install so i installed the 32 bit....
  7. paint shop pro ultimate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    paint shop pro ultimate: after the last update from microsoft, psp opens with a yellow screen. after haven several contact with corel, even had help from a distance, the final answer was.....its not the program , its due to the update from microsoft. please a solution...
  8. Paint Shop Pro 7: Images Won't Open in PSP fom File Explorer

Paint Shop Pro 7: Images Won't Open in PSP fom File Explorer: Since the Windows 10 Spring update my Paint Shop Pro 7.04 (PSP7) has never worked right. Ive gone through every compatibility setting and they dont fix the following problem: When I click on an image file in File Explorer (all my image extensions are set to open with PSP and...
  9. Paint shop pro windows 10 upgrade

Paint shop pro windows 10 upgrade: Hello every time I do an updated to windows 10 I seem to loose my Paint shop pro 9, I have to insert the disk to reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/paint-shop-pro-windows-10-upgrade/7c8731cf-04af-4e1f-a20e-4acc39939a33
  10. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI

in Windows 10 Support
    Corel Paint Shop Pro XI: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...