Windows 10: Paint's Strange "Save As" Change

Discus and support Paint's Strange "Save As" Change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I recently switched from Windows 8.1 to a fresh install Windows 10 Pro because I got a new computer and I got no choice. I'm coping with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MindeKing, Oct 18, 2019.

1. MindeKing Win User

Paint's Strange "Save As" Change

So I recently switched from Windows 8.1 to a fresh install Windows 10 Pro because I got a new computer and I got no choice.

I'm coping with the changes as best I can, but one change I noticed is that when I edit and image in Paint and go to File>Save As, instead of defaulting to the directory that the original image is in, it defaults to the last place I saved an image with Paint.

All I want to know is, is there an option anywhere I can change so that this doesn't happen anymore?

Is there any third-party software I could download that fixes this mistake?

Why would Microsoft change the way Paint saves as? It now takes me 30 seconds to "Save As" an image I just want to change from jpg to png, and it is infuriating.

Any replies are appreciated,

Thank you!

:)

MindeKing, Oct 18, 2019

2. Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Paint

Hi,

We understand that you want to change a specific file format to .jpg using Paint app. To perform that, just follow the simple steps:

• Open the image or the file to Paint app.
    • On Paint app, click File.
    • Select Save as and choose JPEG picture.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Paint 3D and save as video option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

Run App troubleshooter

Reset Paint 3D app:

• Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and Security’.
    • Click on ‘Apps’ and choose ‘Apps and features’.
    • Locate the ‘Paint 3D’ app and click on it.
    • Select ‘Advanced options’ and choose ‘Reset’.
    • Wait for the reset to complete.
    • Close settings, launch ‘Paint 3D’ and try saving now.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Paint's Strange "Save As" Change - Similar Threads - Paint's Strange Save

2. Captions on Paint not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Captions on Paint not saving: I'm trying to add captions to some pictures on Paint. It was working perfectly until just a couple of days ago when all of a sudden half of the caption would disappear the moment I hit "save" or "save as".It seems to happen when I have to shrink a picture using the "shrink...
  3. Captions on Paint not saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Captions on Paint not saving: I'm trying to add captions to some pictures on Paint. It was working perfectly until just a couple of days ago when all of a sudden half of the caption would disappear the moment I hit "save" or "save as".It seems to happen when I have to shrink a picture using the "shrink...
  4. Paint 3D will not save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D will not save.: I'm currently on a low-end windows 10 computer and have exclusively used Paint 3D for image editing. I found it easy to use and very accessible since I didn't have to pay for any key features that most if not all other editors put behind a paywall, it is also the only image...
  5. Paint 3D will not save.

Paint 3D will not save.: I'm currently on a low-end windows 10 computer and have exclusively used Paint 3D for image editing. I found it easy to use and very accessible since I didn't have to pay for any key features that most if not all other editors put behind a paywall, it is also the only image...
  6. saving in paint 3d

saving in paint 3d: I am having problems saving a projecdt in paint 3d. When i click save as, name the file and click save, a screen comes up saying there is a problem, and when i check the saved file it is completely black....
  7. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg: Hi,I want Paint 3D to save images as .jpg by default, not .png. I can only find info on changing MS Paint which does not apply to Paint 3D.I'm using a Surface Pro 4Anyone.... Bueller????...
  8. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg: Hi,I want Paint 3D to save images as .jpg by default, not .png. I can only find info on changing MS Paint which does not apply to Paint 3D.I'm using a Surface Pro 4Anyone.... Bueller????...
  9. change default saving program in Paint 3D to jpg

10. Saving jpeg & Paint or Paint 3D

Saving jpeg & Paint or Paint 3D: If I take a picture or part of one open in paint, and then using the tool select the portion I want 'cut it out using 'Ctl+X' then do a select all Ctl+A and delete the rest, then Ctl+V to paste in the selection..... all works fine. Then when I go to save it seems to...