Windows 10: Pair devices

Discus and support Pair devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have issues connecting my bluetooth devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pair-devices/f3d6cfd8-ae53-42e2-bb9b-f17f731741de Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mariajperez, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Pair devices

I have issues connecting my bluetooth devices

:)

mariajperez, Jan 16, 2019

2. Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct Forum !

I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold).
    Both have been working perfectly.

Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on my laptop,
    I found that I could not pair either of them.

I have spent countless hours researching this without success.

Here's where I am now:

Settings > Bluetooth & other devices does not list either of them.
    Device Manager > Bluetooth has both of them showing and reports both working properly.

Device Manager reports as follows:

Notebook Mouse 5000:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

Wedge Mobile Keyboard:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

The 2 Service Discovery Service entries also report that further installation is required.

Can anyone suggest the way forward, please ?

Regards.

stuartgb100, Jan 16, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Change the name of paired Bluetooth devices

Hello Ref,

You can change the name of your paired Bluetooth devices on Device Manager. To assist you with your concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type in Control Panel on the Cortana Search
      field.
    • Click on Hardware & Sound.
    • Select Devices & Printers.
    • On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties.
    • Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Pair devices

Kyocera DuraXV will not pair

Hi Bob,

Bluetooth lets users connect all kinds of wireless devices with a Windows 10 PC. Pairing issues may arise due to incompatible or incorrect device drivers, as well as improper configuration settings on your computer and Bluetooth setup. For us to properly
    point out what's causing it, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when attempting to pair your phone?
    • Have you checked if you can successfully pair another device on your Windows 10 computer?
    • How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you also checked for the latest drivers on your computer's manufacturer's website?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

As an initial step, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This built-in tool will allow you to diagnose and resolve concerns involving your hardware and devices. The steps are as follows:

• Type Troubleshooting using Windows Search.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View All under the Control Panel Home.
    • Choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know these details so we can work on resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Pair devices

1. Pair devices - Similar Threads - Pair devices

2. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...: I waited for it to pick up something but nothing shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-doesnt-find-any-devices-even-though/d8e8b1e8-8ca4-4da3-9876-bd1eeabae577
  3. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...: I waited for it to pick up something but nothing shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-doesnt-find-any-devices-even-though/d8e8b1e8-8ca4-4da3-9876-bd1eeabae577
  4. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11- Turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- Turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device: Hi! I have a laptop with Windows 11, and I was wondering if there is a way to turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device. I don't want to turn off swift pair altogether since I still want my headphones and other Bluetooth devices to connect to my laptop...
  6. Windows 11- Turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device

Windows 11- Turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device: Hi! I have a laptop with Windows 11, and I was wondering if there is a way to turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device. I don't want to turn off swift pair altogether since I still want my headphones and other Bluetooth devices to connect to my laptop...
  7. What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have two Bluetooth devices hooked up; to it; one is "paired" and the other is "connected". What is the difference? Also, why would one device "pair" and the other only "connect"; is there anything wrong; and if there is, how do I fix it?...
  8. What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?

What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have two Bluetooth devices hooked up; to it; one is "paired" and the other is "connected". What is the difference? Also, why would one device "pair" and the other only "connect"; is there anything wrong; and if there is, how do I fix it?...
  9. What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Bluetooth work properly and can find new device but can't pair and connect to new ones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth work properly and can find new device but can't pair and connect to new ones.: My notebook is an intel core i7 with windows 11 OS build 22631.3007 with latest update KB5034123. Bluetooth can find a new devices but after trying for a minute or so to pair, give the message of "couldn't connect, try connecting again". Couple of other devices that were...