Windows 10: Pair two pens with the same Latitude 5175

Discus and support Pair two pens with the same Latitude 5175 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, We use Microsoft One Note in the Latitude 5175 when visiting clients to take notes and facilitate explanations to them. Problem is that many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by itmonitor, Aug 31, 2019.

1. itmonitor Win User

Pair two pens with the same Latitude 5175

Hello,

We use Microsoft One Note in the Latitude 5175 when visiting clients to take notes and facilitate explanations to them. Problem is that many times, we and the client must work on those notes together. To facilitate control who wrote what, we are thinking of using two pens. One of the pens would have, say, blue colour and the other black colour. In this way we and the client take notes at the same time into the same OneNote page, facilitating the creativity process in our joint work. We have to pen models: Dell PN556W and the other is Dell PN557W.
    --
    Question: is there a way to connect the two pens to the same notebook?

:)

itmonitor, Aug 31, 2019

2. SP2 pen does not function after installing win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you, I will certainly help you with this issue.

You can try the following methods:

Method: 1

Check if the windows update is completely installed.

If not install the failed updates.

Method: 2

Pair Surface Pen manually:

Your pen might not be paired with Surface, or you may need to remove the pen from your list of
    Bluetooth devices and re-pair it with Surface.

Follow the steps to pair pen manually:

• Go to Start , and select Settings >
      Devices > Bluetooth
    • Make sure Bluetooth is on.
    • If Surface Pen appears in the list of
      Bluetooth devices, select it, and select Remove device.
    • Hold down the top button for seven seconds, until the light in the middle of the pen clip starts to flash
    • When the pen appears in the list of Bluetooth devices, select it, and select
      Pair.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Telomin Win User
    Bamboo pen paired but not working

I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 910 and a Bamboo pen to go with it. The pen is paired just fine, but nothing else works. The screen doesn't prompt the Windows Ink Workspace or give me any reactions. I have un-paired and paired again with the same
    problem. Any ideas?

Telomin, Aug 31, 2019
  4. jjsmompsp Win User

Bamboo pen paired but not working

For me on the ASUS q325ua I found you have to change the bamboo ink protocol from default AES to MPP. I did this and now my pen works perfectly. Hope this helps!

Your Bamboo Ink needs to be set to the right protocol for your device. Bamboo Ink is preset for the Wacom AES protocol. Switch between Microsoft Pen Protocol (MPP) and Wacom Active Electrostatic (AES) devices as you please.

Press and hold both side buttons at the same time for two seconds to switch between protocols
    (one blink means the pen is in Wacom AES mode and two blinks means MPP mode) or to fix pairing and connectivity issues between stylus and device. Repeat to return to the previous setting.

Full instructions and illustrations for pairing and changing pen protocol can be found here:

OpenGraph Metadata

*also note that prior to this I had tried it with my old laptop and successfully paired it with that. While my pen was paired to my old laptop it would not respond or pair to my new laptop. To unpair from my old laptop, I went to settings, Bluetooth and
    other devices, selected the bamboo ink, then clicked "remove device" After that it paired easily with my new laptop.

jjsmompsp, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Pair two pens with the same Latitude 5175 - Similar Threads - Pair pens same

2. Bamboo Pen Pairs but Wont Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bamboo Pen Pairs but Wont Connect: My Bamboo Ink Plus stylus shows as paired on my HP Envy x360 edit: I am using Windows 10, but isn't actually connected. My pen was working normally a few hours ago, and now all of a sudden only the buttons work but no screen connection. Touch screen works fine with my finger,...
  3. Bamboo Pen Pairs but Wont Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bamboo Pen Pairs but Wont Connect: My Bamboo Ink Plus stylus shows as paired on my HP Envy x360 edit: I am using Windows 10, but isn't actually connected. My pen was working normally a few hours ago, and now all of a sudden only the buttons work but no screen connection. Touch screen works fine with my finger,...
  4. Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 which is now a few years old, and I bought a Bamboo Ink pen along with it when I bought it. I haven't had any serious problems with getting the pen to work until now. The pen will successfully pair with Bluetooth, and when I press the top button it...
  5. Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 which is now a few years old, and I bought a Bamboo Ink pen along with it when I bought it. I haven't had any serious problems with getting the pen to work until now. The pen will successfully pair with Bluetooth, and when I press the top button it...
  6. Two of the same accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two of the same accounts: I have both the same accounts on Microsoft store and it wont let me login so i cant play or login into Microsoft store anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-of-the-same-accounts/dba53fbd-9637-4767-b909-345e1265e519
  7. Pair two Bluetooth mice to the same laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pair two Bluetooth mice to the same laptop: My manager want to buy two Bluetooth mice and keep one at the office and one at home. He is planning to buy two M585 MULTI-DEVICE. Please let me know if someone have tried this before. Second issue, is it possible to rename the Bluetooth mouse please....
  8. Dell latitude 5175 has no auto rotation option

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell latitude 5175 has no auto rotation option: Hi I have no option for auto rotate. No greyed out tab in the action centre. I am running Windows 10 pro 1909 running the latest bios. Have ran Dell support assist and updated any drivers that needed and have done a older solution by uninstall Intel Dynamic Platform and...
  9. Unable to pair bluetooth pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to pair bluetooth pen: I have a pen with a top button, and two side buttons. I changed the battery. I am unable to pair the device through Bluetooth. Any suggestions? ***Original title: pen won't work***...
  10. Pair two pens with the same Latitude 5175

in Windows 10 Support
    Pair two pens with the same Latitude 5175: Hello, We use Microsoft One Note in the Latitude 5175 when visiting clients to take notes and facilitate explanations to them. Problem is that many times, we and the client must work on those notes together. To facilitate control who wrote what, we are thinking of using two...