Windows 10: Pairing a phone to a car

Discus and support Pairing a phone to a car in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Didn't know where to post this thread so I thought I might try here. I have a Google Pixel phone and a 2012 Mazda 6. It has had the Blutooth work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Apr 8, 2019.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Pairing a phone to a car

Didn't know where to post this thread so I thought I might try here.

I have a Google Pixel phone and a 2012 Mazda 6. It has had the Blutooth work before but I am at a loss as to why it has suddenly stopped.
    I have tried changing the password on both phone and car and the phone is listed as being with the car but no go and it is driving me nuts.

Anyone got any little wrinkles about hooking Blu tooth stuff like this up any advice would be most welcome.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Apr 8, 2019
  2. CJLim Win User

6220c - Cant pair device with car bluetooth?

You did not say which car but most factory fitted car bluetooths can be very tricky to connect to.

For a start, I suggest you remove all previous pairings on both car and phone and start from scratch. Check that the bluetooth on the phoine and car are working by testing with other b luetooth devices. Also make sure you have the latest fiirmware on both
    car and phone. It would also be no harm to contact the car manufacturer for a list of compatible phones.

CJLim, Apr 8, 2019
  3. markoh123 Win User
    Nokia 150 won't pair with car handsfree

Hi,

I tried to pair Nokia150 dual sim with brand new car Volkswagen Up. The bluetooth connection is established but the car cannot get the contact list and nothing else works. Tha car lists the phone in its devices list but phone cannot be used. Any ideas?

Marko

markoh123, Apr 8, 2019
  4. hpholm Win User

Pairing a phone to a car

How to clear paired devices on CK100 car kit

Thanks for the feedback confirming the button and navi wheel works.

These problems are answered in the manual as "Ask the technician who installed the car kit" Pairing a phone to a car ;) One answer could be that the car kit is not properly wired to the car - it must have power also when "off" to perform the bluetooth reset. If this is the cause
    a workarund is temporarely disconnect the ignition sense wire with the ignition still on to enable the reset.

For your trouble regarding the repeated pairing with the phone I also suggest examining the list of known bluetooth devices on the phone, then clear and re-pair the phone to the car if this has not been tried already? Also as usual, make sure the phone has
    all updates installed.

hpholm, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Pairing a phone to a car

1. Pairing a phone to a car - Similar Threads - Pairing phone car

2. Phone Link pair phone setup always pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link pair phone setup always pops up: I have my phone stored and linked already in the Phone Link app on Windows 10, yet no matter how many times I've opened or used the app it still pops up the pair phone wizard with the "Get Started" button every single time.....
  3. Phone Link pair phone setup always pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link pair phone setup always pops up: I have my phone stored and linked already in the Phone Link app on Windows 10, yet no matter how many times I've opened or used the app it still pops up the pair phone wizard with the "Get Started" button every single time.....
  4. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  5. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  6. First Car?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First Car?: Porsche https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-car/defb22f2-4c39-4a44-b5ae-9ffb2edacf19
  7. First Car?

First Car?: Porsche https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-car/defb22f2-4c39-4a44-b5ae-9ffb2edacf19
  8. Your Phone app won't pair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone app won't pair: I'm unable to get my new S21 to pair with my Surface Studio 2. If has paired with my other computers no issue. All my other computers are in Windows Insider of some sort, the Surface Studio 2 runs the GA version of of windows 10. Anyone else experience this issue before?...
  9. will not interface with car.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    will not interface with car.: I have a windows 10 tablet with windows 10 home. I got it cause my windows 8 laptop with on its last leg. So I got this thinking it would replace me laptop. Will it will not interface with my tactrix 2.0. it is a openport so I can datalog with my car. I know that the openport...
  10. Pairing a phone to a car

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pairing a phone to a car: Didn't know where to post this thread so I thought I might try here. I have a Google Pixel phone and a 2012 Mazda 6. It has had the Blutooth work before but I am at a loss as to why it has suddenly stopped. I have tried changing the password on both phone and car and the...