Windows 10: Pairing Nintendo Switch Joy-Con via Bluetooth dongle caused BSOD

Discus and support Pairing Nintendo Switch Joy-Con via Bluetooth dongle caused BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Before this it was successfully paired/unpaired multiple times. But started like 2 weeks ago I have this BSOD problem every time I want to pair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mohamad ShahrilAbdul Aziz, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Pairing Nintendo Switch Joy-Con via Bluetooth dongle caused BSOD

Hi,

Before this it was successfully paired/unpaired multiple times. But started like 2 weeks ago I have this BSOD problem every time I want to pair my Joy-Con.

I have minidump file here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqZp8CAigzb5lxxCIXO8X04iHeTI?e=rQr2md

Thanks.

:)

Mohamad ShahrilAbdul Aziz, Jun 9, 2019

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Resolved: Enabling Bluetooth dongle

What device are you trying to Pair with the computer? Bluetooth is quite useful with mice, keyboards and SmartPhones. Pairing is a two-step process, need interaction on both devices to accomplish the Pairing.

Berton, Jun 9, 2019
  4. OomJan Win User

Pairing Nintendo Switch Joy-Con via Bluetooth dongle caused BSOD

Windows 10 1803 with USB Bluetooth Dongle = Bluescreen

Using any USB 2.0 Bluetooth dongle under Windows 10 1803 results in a Bluescreen of Death (BSoD) when turning off Bluetooth or pairing (rarer). This BSoD was replicated on 8 different systems with 6 different dongles. Systems running Windows 10 1703 or 1709, Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 are not affected. 32bit Systems where not tested.

This can also happen when pairing a device with Windows Bluetooth but is less likely. Calling the pairing function via API also raises the BSoD but not every time.

This is the Bluescreen message:

WinDbg message:

Video demonstration (53 seconds, no audio)

Fresh Minidumps

The Bluetooth dongle uses the Windows included driver. Onboard Bluetooth adapters are not affected. It does not matter if the system was upgraded from 1709 or freshly installed from a 1803 ISO. Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise have been tested to produce this error.

The dongles are USB 2.0 and use Bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1 Class II.

The problem is not that the turning off of the Bluetooth Adapter produces the BSoD but that also pairing throws it.

It seems this an error introduced in Windows 10 1803. Is there a workaround or fix? Anything else I can try?

Update 2018-07-16: With Windows 10 Update 2018-07 (Build 17134.165) Microsoft seems to have fixed Bluetooth 2.0 adapters but broke Bluetooth 4.2 adapters now. Same error as before.

OomJan, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Pairing Nintendo Switch Joy-Con via Bluetooth dongle caused BSOD

1. Pairing Nintendo Switch Joy-Con via Bluetooth dongle caused BSOD - Similar Threads - Pairing Nintendo Switch

2. Cannot connect the right nintendo switch joy-con to Windows 11 through bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect the right nintendo switch joy-con to Windows 11 through bluetooth: As the title says, I'm currently having trouble as the right joy-con is completely undetected by my pc with windows 11, so i'm unable to pair both my switch controllers to the pc. The left joy-con connects flawlessly and they both connect toy android phone and the switch they...
  3. Cannot connect the right nintendo switch joy-con to Windows 11 through bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect the right nintendo switch joy-con to Windows 11 through bluetooth: As the title says, I'm currently having trouble as the right joy-con is completely undetected by my pc with windows 11, so i'm unable to pair both my switch controllers to the pc. The left joy-con connects flawlessly and they both connect toy android phone and the switch they...
  4. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  5. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  6. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Switch Joy con drivers not working?

Switch Joy con drivers not working?: I'm trying to connect my joycon controllers to my windows 10 pc, via bluetooth. The PC recognizes and identifies the controllers properly upon connection, but despite this having worked before, it now no longer detects ANY of the inputs. I'm at my wit's end, please help....
  8. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller doesn't connect via Bluetooth

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller doesn't connect via Bluetooth: Greetings, As per title, my controller Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is not connecting to my PC via bluetooth. All online walkthroughs i came through cover cases where either the controller doesn't connect via bluetooth nor cable, or it connects fine with both. In my case,...
  9. Wifi to nintendo switch via usb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi to nintendo switch via usb?: I want to know if there is a way to share my ethernet connection from my pc and share it to my nintendo switch wired. (Make it act like a lan adapter) submitted by /u/Zacky4343 [link] [comments]...
  10. Joy Cons Not Recognized As Controllers

Joy Cons Not Recognized As Controllers: Recently I have been using Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons to play games on my computer. However, ever since I used BetterJoyForCemu once, my controllers even when they are connected to my controller through Bluetooth just don't show up on "Set up USB Game Controllers". They are...