Windows 10: Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

Discus and support Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by smacar01, Jan 25, 2023.

1. smacar01 Win User

Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to generate a PIN to resync to my Phone. And when it does, the phone's Link to Windows app doesn't recognize my PIN code.When I generate a QR code, the text is not a recognizable URL and fails. Any Advice?

:)

smacar01, Jan 25, 2023
  2. tictag Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Unable to connect Windows 10 Your Phone app to Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app, error reported: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Step To Recreate

1. Windows 10: Your Phone app, click 'Phone Screen'
    2. Windows 10: Your Phone app, "We need permission to display your phone screen"
    3. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Connected to Your Phone app on <hostname>"
    4. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Accept connection?" > Accept
    5. Windows 10: Your Phone App, ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Points To Note

• Windows 10 device is connected via WiFi to Galaxy S10's WiFi hotspot i.e. tethered
    • Galaxy S10 device is connected to the Internet via the mobile phone network
    • Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app is configured to "Use mobile data"
    • Both Windows 10 Your Phone app and Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app connected to same Microsoft account
    • All other Windows 10 Your Phone app features work flawlessly e.g. Calls, Messages, Photos, Notifications etc

Anyone know how to fix this? Everything else works fine, just this feature is broken.

Troubleshooting

• Updated all apps
    • Updated Windows 10
    • Updated Galaxy S10
    • Uninstalled / reinstalled / reconnected all apps
    • Factory reset Galaxy S10
    • Prayed

Software Versions

Windows 10 Your Phone App v1.20051.93.0

Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows v1.20041.82.0

Screenshots

Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10 6974c614-df69-4789-a9fd-b25afd72fc51?upload=true.png

tictag, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Continue on PC not working in Samsung Galaxy S10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Continue on PC feature in your Samsung Galaxy S10 phone, we will look into this for you. However, we will need few more information from you. Please reply with the following details:

• What happens when you use the Continue on PC feature on your phone?
    • Do you read any error message? If yes, what is the error message?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

However, I would suggest you to refer the section Troubleshooting problems with cross-device experiences
    in the article
    Linking your phone and PC help
    and see if that helps.

You can also try unlinking your phone and linking it back, refer the section
    Linking your phone from the above article.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone now available online and in stores

Source: https://news.samsung.com/us/galaxy-s...ng-smartphone/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10 - Similar Threads - Pairing Phone Link

2. Dynamic Lock does not reconnect to paired phone Windows 11, Samsung S10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lock does not reconnect to paired phone Windows 11, Samsung S10: HiI have been trying Dynamic Lock as it seems a useful feature to avoid forgetting and leaving my PC open. After pairing my phone Dynamic Lock does work - if I go away or isolate my phone the screen locks after ~30 seconds as expected. But when I return Dynamic Lock says my...
  3. Dynamic Lock does not reconnect to paired phone Windows 11, Samsung S10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic Lock does not reconnect to paired phone Windows 11, Samsung S10: HiI have been trying Dynamic Lock as it seems a useful feature to avoid forgetting and leaving my PC open. After pairing my phone Dynamic Lock does work - if I go away or isolate my phone the screen locks after ~30 seconds as expected. But when I return Dynamic Lock says my...
  4. Phone Link features for Samsung Galaxy A24

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link features for Samsung Galaxy A24: Hey there. I wonder how soon the "Apps" and "Phone Screen" Phone Link features will become available for the Samsung Galaxy A24. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-features-for-samsung-galaxy-a24/b36791e3-f5e7-409b-9ffc-44cba27aba9b
  5. Phone Link features for Samsung Galaxy A24

Phone Link features for Samsung Galaxy A24: Hey there. I wonder how soon the "Apps" and "Phone Screen" Phone Link features will become available for the Samsung Galaxy A24. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-features-for-samsung-galaxy-a24/b36791e3-f5e7-409b-9ffc-44cba27aba9b
  6. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  7. How to Optimise DCIM Galaxy S10 for photographs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Optimise DCIM Galaxy S10 for photographs?: I have lived with this for so long, now I am going to ask, as it really annoys me. How do I optimise the DCIM folder for Photographs. For some reason, Windows 10 insists on defaulting to Music/Album, showing columns for Track Number, Artist, Album, Year etc I believe this...
  8. Desktop Only Charges Galaxy S10 at 450mA?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Only Charges Galaxy S10 at 450mA?: Found out recently that my computer only charges my S10 at 4.86V@0.45A via USB C-C cable, and I feel like I've tried everything to try to fix it. At first I thought it was my PSU, so I replaced that, but it still happened. Then I tried replacing my mobo, but that didn't...
  9. Galaxy S10 is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Galaxy S10 is not recognized: I'm trying to connect my S10 but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/galaxy-s10-is-not-recognized/ba7911dc-2b1d-429e-9e96-ccc934e0ec0a
  10. Samsung Galaxy Fold and Galaxy S10 5G Coming Soon

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Galaxy Fold and Galaxy S10 5G Coming Soon: Spring is an exciting time for consumers and Samsung. Soon, we will introduce not one, but two, of the biggest leaps forward in mobile innovation: Starting tomorrow, anyone who has registered on Samsung.com to receive more information about Galaxy Fold will be given an...