Windows 10: Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Panasonic CF-52 toughbook that ha an internal SD card reader. The card reader was working fine with Windows 7 until I upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pgoldi, Sep 18, 2019.

1. pgoldi Win User

Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade

I have a Panasonic CF-52 toughbook that ha an internal SD card reader. The card reader was working fine with Windows 7 until I upgraded to Windows 10 last month. I have all of the current Windows updates and have read all of the similar posts but have not been able to get my SC card reader to work. When I put in an SD card, nothing happens. The card reader is not displayed in the windows explorer, even though I have it unchecked so I can see empty drives (my CD/DVD is shown). I have run the trouble shooter with an SD card in the reader and without a card several times and it finds no problems. In the device manager under the SD host adapter, it says that my SDA standard compliant SD host controller is working properly and has the most up to date device driver. I have read somewhere that the issue could be caused by the Windows 10 driver being 32bit based and not 64bit. I would hate to revert to Windows 7 because of this issue, but I use the SD card reader frequently and I don't want to use a USB card reader adapter (though that does work).

:)

pgoldi, Sep 18, 2019
  2. JohnBC233 Win User

Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade

I have a Panasonic CF-52 toughbook that came with an internal SD card reader. The card reader was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10 last week. I have all of the current Windows updates and have read all of the similar posts but have not been
    able to get my SC card reader to work. When I put in an SD card, nothing happens. The card reader is not displayed in the windows explorer, even though I have it unchecked so I can see empty drives (my CD/DVD is shown). I have run the trouble shooter with
    an SD card in the reader and without a card several times and it finds no problems. In the devise manager under the SD host adapter, it says that my SDA standard compliant SD host controller is working properly and has the most up to date devise driver.
    I don't know what else to do. I would hate to revert to Windows 7 because of this issue, but I use the SD card reader a lot and I don't want to use a USB card reader adapter on a daily basis (though that does work).

JohnBC233, Sep 18, 2019
  3. arjfca Win User
    Internal SD card reader not recognized

Hello

This is an old problem.

I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized.
    When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown.

In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD card, but nothing do appear in the volume allocation

In file explorer, I tried to format the SD card. When I insert the card, the system is looping, trying to read it.

I tried to
    - removed it and reinstalled
    - update the driver
    - Win diagnostic and repair error

Any idea?

arjfca, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Internal SD card reader not recognized

Internal Laptop/PC SD Card readers are usually a USB device, connected to a USB hub, very common. So is the internal Camera on my Laptop.

The usual problem is poor contacts. I clean the SD card reader by blowing out dust and inserting a small piece of card dampened with alcohol. The SD card contacts get the same treatment. Some of my SD Cards seem to have more of a problem than others.

You can also shine a torch into the slot and check on the contacts, are they in line, same height, etc.

Helmut, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Panasonic Internal Card

2. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  3. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  4. Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader: Very frustrating trying to figure out the problem. Installed 32GB Class 10 SD Card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J1G261N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in Game Camera, formatted per instructions and set the unit outside. Just retrieved it, and tried...
  5. TEAC Internal SD Card Reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TEAC Internal SD Card Reader: Hello, After upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 10 Pro 32bit, the internal TEAC USB SD Card drive letters don't display in My Computer, however the drives are displaced in Device Manager. Thank you....
  6. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  7. Internal SD card reader not working.

Internal SD card reader not working.: Hi, your help please. I have tried most everything I can think of plus following advice from the internet and MS own help site like updating the drivers / updates in general / troubleshooting and so on to get the reader to work but would seem since updating from W7 to...
  8. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  9. internal sd card reader on acer laptop

internal sd card reader on acer laptop: since upgrade to win 10 from win 7, internal card reader no longer found, acer 5742 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-sd-card-reader-on-acer-laptop/b67d6ce2-9d98-46b2-ac60-0f1fd7d422f3
  10. Internal SD card reader not recognized

Internal SD card reader not recognized: Hello This is an old problem. I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized. When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown. In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal smart card reader not working panasonic

2. cf card reader for windows 10 internal