Windows 10: Panasonic Raw (RW2) files and OneDrive

Discus and support Panasonic Raw (RW2) files and OneDrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know the issue of Windows Explorer displaying RAW format files has been around a number of years but since the enhancements to OneDrive it has taken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AkondOfSwat, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Panasonic Raw (RW2) files and OneDrive

I know the issue of Windows Explorer displaying RAW format files has been around a number of years but since the enhancements to OneDrive it has taken a new twist. Personally, I used FastStone Image Viewer without any problems. However, there is now a Gotcha if you subscribe to OneDrive. If you have your files stored in the cloud to be downloaded as and when needed as I have, any third party viewer has to download the files before it can display them unlike Jpegs thus negating any benefit.

I have complained to Panasonic and warned them that their response will decide whether I stick with them or change horses. So, seeing that I do not want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire, what manufacturers' RAW files are viewable in Windows Explorer and which ones are not, please.

TIA

:)

AkondOfSwat, Oct 29, 2018

2. Panasonic Raw (RW2) files and OneDrive

I know the issue of Windows Explorer displaying RAW format files has been around a number of years but since the enhancements to OneDrive it has taken a new twist. Personally, I used FastStone Image Viewer without any problems. However, there is now a Gotcha
    if you subscribe to OneDrive. If you have your files stored in the cloud to be downloaded as and when needed as I have, any third party viewer has to download the files before it can display them unlike Jpegs thus negating any benefit.

I have complained to Panasonic and warned them that their response will decide whether I stick with them or change horses. So, seeing that I do not want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire, what manufacturers' RAW files are viewable in Windows Explorer
    and which ones are not, please.

TIA

AkondOfSwat, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Larryh272 Win User
    Panasonic Raw (RW2) files and OneDrive

Windows 10 Explorer only supports viewing of JPG files in preview. All RAW files from any camera maker including Panasonic, Canon (which I own) and Nikon need a compatible viewer like FastStone Image Viewer, Canon Digital Professional. Adobe Lightspeed,
    Adobe Photoshop.

The last operating system to support the previewing of RAW in explorer was Windows 8.1 in 2014.

It's not Panasonic's fault it's Microsoft's. You can blame it on the new smartphone's that all take decent pictures and you can share them easily.

Larryh272, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Bore07tm Win User

Microsoft Codec Support for RW2 RAW Files

I would like to know if there is a Microsoft Camera Codec Pack that is compatible with Windows 8.1 , and allows the viewing of RW2 RAW images taken on a Panasonic Lumix GX8 Camera?

Bore07tm, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Panasonic Raw (RW2) files and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Panasonic Raw RW2

2. Microsoft Photos' support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos' support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6: Microsoft Photos doesn't seem to support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6. Is there a codec available for download?The thumbnail preview seems to be okay, If I open the file, it first show up okay but after couple of seconds the image becomes pure noise....
  3. Microsoft Photos' support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos' support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6: Microsoft Photos doesn't seem to support RAW file RW2 for Panasonic Lumix GH6. Is there a codec available for download?The thumbnail preview seems to be okay, If I open the file, it first show up okay but after couple of seconds the image becomes pure noise....
  4. USB File System is RAW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB File System is RAW: Dear Microsof Community please help me with my problem. My USB OTG suddenly got an error saying "you need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it" I tried using EaseUs, but other than that I did not try anymore 3rd party application, since majority of them has to...
  5. Panasonic PhotoFunstudio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Panasonic PhotoFunstudio: Are you aware that all versions of the Panasonic PhotoFunstudio stop recognising SD cards and USB ports since the last MS10 update? Everything was working fine until I decided to update to 20H2 Hardware: Toshiba Satellite Laptop L775 running Windows 10 20H2 I got the...
  6. File RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File RAW: Mi si dice che nel PC c'è una raccolta di file RAW, ma io finora non l'ho trovata. Chi mi sa dire qualcosa? Grazie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-raw/e1b498f5-d80e-460e-8834-c5de98fb08a3
  7. Panasonic RR-US430 reading files?

Panasonic RR-US430 reading files?: Hey! I found my old recorder but when i plug it in nothing shows up in the files explorer. Devices meneger shows it as "MN101C93K". I tried updating the drivers automatically and manually i downloaded both MN101C93K and RR-US340 and none of the three worked. Any ideas how...
  8. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Canon CR3 RAW FIles: How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-raw-files/e35f411e-8b08-4174-86d6-e90c94e2c1bc"
  9. Windows 10 fails to read RAW files created by Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to read RAW files created by Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18: How can I read these RAW files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-fails-to-read-raw-files-created-by/07f7d33e-fd43-4df3-8297-c9b1b43ddb6e
  10. RAW Photo files

RAW Photo files: Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop. Neither Photos or Windows Photo Viewer will open the RAW files on this particular PC. I have three other PC's that have been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver for RW2 files

2. drive file panasonic RW2

3. raw files onedrive

4. onedrive panasonic raw format,
  5. rw2 panasonic windows 10 driver