Windows 10: Pane Preview out of scale when adjusting for display resolution

Discus and support Pane Preview out of scale when adjusting for display resolution in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, I'm using four monitors. Each monitor is set to its appropriate resolution. The largest monitor monitor 2 I am using is a 4k 50 inch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JMorrison619, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Pane Preview out of scale when adjusting for display resolution

Good morning, I'm using four monitors. Each monitor is set to its appropriate resolution. The largest monitor monitor 2 I am using is a 4k 50 inch television which looks really great at a resolution of 3840 x 2160. The other resolutions are either 1600 x 900 or 1920 x 1080.

For monitor 2, I'm using the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" feature in the Display setting to increase the scale to 300%, which is the "Recommended" setting. As appropriate, the text is enlarged to a readable scale. However, the preview pane seems to automatically scale to a readable view and when the 300% scale layout in enable, it zooms into the preview pane as well, which then makes it unreadable. I'm including two screenshots of this monitor. The first is at 100% scale. The second is at 300% scale. This should illustrate the issue I'm having. I would like to know how to fix this issue so that the preview pane displays the file in a readable format.

As you'll note, in Screenshot 1, it's very easy to read the preview pane and it appears to be properly sized. However, the other test on the left hand side of the screen is difficult to read. In Screenshot 2, the reverse is true.

Pane Preview out of scale when adjusting for display resolution [​IMG]Pane Preview out of scale when adjusting for display resolution [​IMG]

Any help on getting this figured out would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

:)

JMorrison619, Oct 28, 2020

2. Preview Pane error in 150% scale

Hi,

Display scaling in Windows 10 allows you to personalize how you big or small of a view the different applications and files on your computer will use. A possible reason as to why a certain function in an application is not working as intended with scaling
    could be due to compatibility. For us to resolve your concern kindly answer the questions below:

• We would like to request a before and after screenshot of the preview pane which is not working properly when scaling is used in Windows 10 if possible?
    • Since you have provided the version of Windows 10 that you have, we would also like to confirm what is the build number?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 28, 2020
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Eclassbud Win User

Pane Preview out of scale when adjusting for display resolution

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Pane Preview out of scale when adjusting for display resolution

1. Pane Preview out of scale when adjusting for display resolution - Similar Threads - Pane Preview scale

2. Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in: I've checked the display resolution and the scale in the display settings of my PC and on my graphics card, the resolution matches my monitor, 1280 by 800, and the scale is set to only 100%, however the display is cutting off alot of the screen near the edges, it all looks...
  3. Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in: I've checked the display resolution and the scale in the display settings of my PC and on my graphics card, the resolution matches my monitor, 1280 by 800, and the scale is set to only 100%, however the display is cutting off alot of the screen near the edges, it all looks...
  4. Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out: I have just got a new laptop and am configuring my 2 additional monitors. The scale and layout settings are greyed out as shown below, not allowing me to adjust the resolution of monitor #3. I have reinstalled the graphics driver, checked for windows updates and restarted. If...
  5. Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out: I have just got a new laptop and am configuring my 2 additional monitors. The scale and layout settings are greyed out as shown below, not allowing me to adjust the resolution of monitor #3. I have reinstalled the graphics driver, checked for windows updates and restarted. If...
  6. Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?: Hi, I have a 4k screen on my laptop's screen, and two 1080p monitors. I'm wondering if there is any way to rescale the 4k screen in the "Display Settings" window so that it matches in size with the other two screens. Because it's resolution is so much higher than the screens,...
  7. Adobe preview pane scale too small...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe preview pane scale too small...: Hey guys, So i think i am having a bit of a blonde moment. The scale in my windows explorer previewer for PDF files via Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is too small. This happened strangely enough i think by pressing a combination of keys by accident and don't remember the...
  8. Preview pane

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preview pane: Another issue is the preview pane on the file explorer. After the update is no longer working. I really don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/8a221a08-c589-478d-b12b-d6610a30458e
  9. Preview Pane - Displays Wrong Image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane - Displays Wrong Image: Hello, I have searched for help but cannot find a solution, however, this person has the exact problem I have: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/preview-pane-video-image-not-updated-windows-10/ Basically, the preview pane stores the image related to the first file I...
  10. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane: Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help [img] 56199