Windows 10: Panel Open - Power On

Discus and support Panel Open - Power On in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Morning, I am enquiring how I can effectively disable the 'Panel open - Power on' feature on a Win10 Toshiba Satellite laptop. I would prefer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jcbhydro, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jcbhydro Win User

Panel Open - Power On

Good Morning,
    I am enquiring how I can effectively disable the 'Panel open - Power on' feature on a Win10 Toshiba Satellite laptop.
    I would prefer to start up the unit on the power button, as it is very easy to inadvertently initiate the 'power on' feature when placing the laptop in a travel case.
    If one selects the feature in the Power Advanced Settings page a Dialogue Box named 'Toshiba HW Setup' appears, but none of the tabs therein provides an obvious disable facility.
    I also have a Dell Inspiron laptop which doesn't 'power on' on opening the panel lid, so it must be possible to disable the feature.
    Any suggestions to disable this annoying feature would be gratefully received.
    jcbhydo

:)

jcbhydro, Dec 6, 2017

2. Panel open Power on option for Toshiba laptop

I had this feature turned off but I just did a Windows 10 update and now the feature is on again and I can't turn it off. I don't want it to be active. When I try the solutions you have suggested to others, I click on the Panel Open - Power On in my Power
    Options screen but nothing happens and I can't find anywhere else to try to disable it

SueFriesen, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Panel open Power on option for Toshiba laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It seems that the system is not responding to the configuration that you are trying to achieve. It could be an issue with a corrupted user account or a system files. It is better if you can provide us a screenshot of the
    concern. To help you with this, we would like to know more information.

• What is the build version of your Windows? To check it, type in winver
      on Search bar and hit Enter.
    • Are you getting any error messages/codes when trying to change the settings?

Meanwhile, you can perform the following troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Create a power plan. Right click on Start and choose Power Options. Click on Additional power settings at the right part of the page.
    • Choose Create a power plan, click on High performance and hit Next then Create.
    • If the same issue persists, consider creating a new user account. Head over to this
      link for the instructions.

We'll be waiting for your response and the result.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 6, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Panel Open - Power On

It should be in the Boot setting Tab of the HW Setup utility.

philc43, Dec 6, 2017
  5. jcbhydro Win User
    Many thanks for suggestion.
    The Boot Settings tab in HW Set up shows;

a)Boot Priority options High
    HDD
    HDD
    HDD
    Low

I switched from the upper to the lower HDD selection without effecting the required disabling.

b) Boot Speed; Radio buttons for Fast or Normal. Normal appears to be the default setting.

There is no other feature within HW Setup.

I am still puzzled.

Regards,

jcbhydro, Dec 6, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Panel Open - Power On

1. Panel Open - Power On - Similar Threads - Panel Open Power

2. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  3. Control Panel will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  4. Control Panel will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  5. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and region is on US but there...
  6. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL

NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and region is on US but there...
  7. opening handwriting panel

opening handwriting panel: how does one open the handwriting panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-handwriting-panel/059f5c5d-63a0-4920-9424-e75e6c38c5a9
  8. Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open: I installed an application "Clone File Checker" and uninstalled that using "iObit Uninstaller" with Power Unistall" option. After that, i am not able to open Control Panel, Programs & Features, Power Options and System from the Start Menu. Clicking on each of these gives an...
  9. Panel open - Power On stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Panel open - Power On stopped working: I have a Toshiba Qosmio F750 and since i did the upgrade to Windows 10 The power Option of Starting the Laptop by just opening the Lid does not work, I have the Laptop set to close down when i shut the lid (works fine) But does not boot when i open it. I don't know if this...
  10. Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...