Windows 10: Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator ?

Discus and support Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fra.carol, Jul 25, 2020.

1. fra.carol Win User

Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator ?

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any setting I could find, even creating a custom resolution with a lower refresh rate in the Intel Graphics Control Panel is not possible; I'm NOT here to talk about this though.

Since mine is a Nvidia optimus laptop, all the display management is kinda weird, though I found what may be a really cool feature in the IGCP: it's called "panel self-refresh" and it seems to adjust the display's framerate automagically to save power. The description is rather confusing and it's all I was able to find about it. It may just control the outputframerate of the iGPU which is the display adapter or the actual refresh rate of the display's panel, which would also kinda explain why there is only one available and nothing else is possible.

SO, I'd like to ask if there's any program that displays the panel's refresh rate to see what's actually happening.

I've already tried the UFO test website but it acts kinda weird, so as I unplug the laptop it becomes unable to vsync probably it's measuring the GPU output with vsync and not the actual refresh rate.

It was a rather long post for a pretty short question but heh, context.

Thanks in advance to whoever will help :·

:)

fra.carol, Jul 25, 2020

2. I can't disable 'Panel Self-Refresh' setting in Intel graphics control panel

When I open my Intel HD Graphics 630 control panel and go to the power section I don't find the Panel Self-Refresh setting. It's hidden in someway I think and I don't know whether this is about Windows 10 Education v1709 I currently have or about HP's
    OEM or Intel's generic drivers as I tried both of them and I still can't find the setting but I really need to disable it due to some screen freeze problems.

punleashed, Jul 25, 2020
  3. COMPUTIAC Win User
    Cannot access the Sound control panel

Here is a link on how to do a Refresh of Windows 10.
    This should correct the problems you have.

It will also install the best drivers MS can determine for the hardware found.
    Which means you will not have to search for or install any drivers yourself.

I suggest you do the Option 2.

Refresh Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

When you get to step 7, choose "Keep My Files"
    It will do this to your PC .

• This is to refresh Windows 10.
    • Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
    • Removes changes you made to settings.
    • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

COMPUTIAC, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Squirty33 Win User

Request: Higher framerate for games

Aaah, yes, you're definitely right that the performance depends on the developer: I was behind the times and thought that the framerate was still limited to 30 fps by the operating system/XNA framework. Turns out that the framerate can now be increased
    up to 60 fps:

"The XNA Framework on Windows Phone OS 7.1 supports the native device refresh rate, up to 60 Hz. If you set the
    PresentationParameters.PresentationInterval property to
    PresentInterval.One, then the PresentInterval.One value is used, targeting the native device refresh rate."

Source: Changed APIs for Windows Phone OS 7.1

I'll make sure to pass a message on to Half Brick... Hopefully they'll update their game to run at 60 fps soon!

Thanks!

Squirty33, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator ? - Similar Threads - Panel self refresh

2. Windows 11 Performance And Framerate Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Performance And Framerate Issues: Recently, I noticed framerate drops in my games. Before the reinstall of windows 11, I got 70 - 80 FPS in Minecraft java edition, but now i get only and only 10 - 20 fps. I also used shaders and got 60fps, but now, i get only 10, or sometimes 0 FPS! This certain framerate...
  3. Windows 11 Performance And Framerate Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Performance And Framerate Issues: Recently, I noticed framerate drops in my games. Before the reinstall of windows 11, I got 70 - 80 FPS in Minecraft java edition, but now i get only and only 10 - 20 fps. I also used shaders and got 60fps, but now, i get only 10, or sometimes 0 FPS! This certain framerate...
  4. Unstable framerate at boot on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unstable framerate at boot on Windows 11: Hi,Rig:MB - Asus X670E+ wifiCPU - AMD Ryz5 7600xGPU - Asus Dual AMD Radeon XT 6700 OCRAM - Crucial DDR5Monitor - Samsung G5 Odyssey 144Hz, display port >1.2Vsync enabledProblem statement:sometimes, when the pc starts up, the framerate is extremely unstable oscillating from 5...
  5. Unstable framerate at boot on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unstable framerate at boot on Windows 11: Hi,Rig:MB - Asus X670E+ wifiCPU - AMD Ryz5 7600xGPU - Asus Dual AMD Radeon XT 6700 OCRAM - Crucial DDR5Monitor - Samsung G5 Odyssey 144Hz, display port >1.2Vsync enabledProblem statement:sometimes, when the pc starts up, the framerate is extremely unstable oscillating from 5...
  6. Intel "panel self-refresh" indicator ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel "panel self-refresh" indicator ?: Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any setting I could find, even creating a custom resolution with a lower refresh rate in the Intel Graphics Control Panel is not...
  7. Experiencing Windows 10 Framerate difficulties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing Windows 10 Framerate difficulties: I've been experiencing a few lag spikes, dropping framerates and MPs lag, I am wondering are there any ways to fix this cause? It happened after a few months when I got my new Gaming Laptop, Acter Nitro 5 which has Windows 10. whenever it starts up it works fine, once around...
  8. Video file framerate trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video file framerate trouble: I have a .mpg file from a ION VCR 2 PC. When I look at the properties of the file, it says the framerate is 29.97fps. However, when I play the file in Media Player Classic, and only in that particular app, the video plays fluidly and you can clearly see it plays in 60fps. Why...
  9. Windows Game DVR Constant Framerate?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Game DVR Constant Framerate?: Hello, I've been using Windows Game Bar, Game DVR to record a lot of videos of my computer, unfortunately I've been having an issue. Issue: Whenever I import the footage into my Adobe Premiere Pro program, the footage is all recorded in VFPS, or Variable Frames Per...
  10. Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes: Not sure when this issue arrised but i tried to adjust my sound devices today going to start>control panel and the screen blinks while explorer refreshes...? I did an SFC /SCANNOW and it found some corruption and repaired it. I rebooted and same problem. Did a virus...