Windows 10: Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired

Discus and support Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using pango screen dimmer PangoBright screen dimming utility, from Pangolin Laser Systems with an HP Z23N turned to portrait mode. Pango... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired

I have been using pango screen dimmer
    PangoBright screen dimming utility, from Pangolin Laser Systems
    with an HP Z23N turned to portrait mode.

Pango is the only app I know of that sits in the tray and allows keystroke control of the brightness levels. The needed settings vary as the daylight and what's on the screen changes. Other dimming solutions do not offer the same control and flexibility, as far as I know. I went over this in detail after an Unbutu update killed an even better solution a couple of years ago. Developers then could not suggest an alternate or any solution. Not long after that I turned to Windows.

Pango worked fine this am.
    Now suddenly it will not load. I have downloaded a fresh instance a couple of times. Same story, running as Admin and User.

Additionally
    My windows tray has turned to a light color with a fade line running from the center of the tray on the left to a bit short of dead center. See the bottom of the screen print below

I am wondering if a Window 10 update squirreled the app and altered the tray colors?

Any fixes? Alternates?

Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray  Color | Visually Impaired [​IMG]

:)

mikeincousa, Oct 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 for Visually impaired

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description your girlfriend is visually impaired and can't see the icons and you want black color as the background color. Here are the steps which might help you to fix the issue.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select large icons under view by option.
    • Click on personalize.
    • Select any of the theme under High Contrast theme as per your interest.

In order to enlarge the taskbar icons you may refer to the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Uncheck the box stating "Use small taskbar buttons" under taskbar tab.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Visually Impaired Phone Users

Is there a phone that is suitable for visually impaired phone users that has speech and large keys

brian100---01, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired

Support for visually impaired people

Hi there,

I have a friend who is visually impaired. He wonders, whether Nokia has support for such people. He especially needs a magnifier software that enlarges the screen content. Is there such a software from Nokia? I have heard the iPhone has such a feature. Is
    there something similar for S60 phones? I am not talking about using the camera as a magnifier, but a software magnifier that simply enlarges the screen content.

Thanx

pinguin74---01, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired

1. Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired - Similar Threads - Pango Screen Dimmer

2. make dialog boxes accessible for the visually impaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make dialog boxes accessible for the visually impaired: I moved to a new computer with Windows 11. It is almost impossible to use, however, because I cannot read any of the dialog boxes/pop-up menus. There are two problems, the tiny font size AND an extremely low contrast color combination of very light tan letters on a bright...
  3. make dialog boxes accessible for the visually impaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    make dialog boxes accessible for the visually impaired: I moved to a new computer with Windows 11. It is almost impossible to use, however, because I cannot read any of the dialog boxes/pop-up menus. There are two problems, the tiny font size AND an extremely low contrast color combination of very light tan letters on a bright...
  4. Taskbar accessability issues, visually impaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar accessability issues, visually impaired: As a visually impaired person, I require the taskbar to be at the top.This forcing it to be only on the bottom, and blocking moving it using the registry is in my opinion a violation of the ADA.Now that you all have effectively blocked ExplorerPatcher, you all need to finish...
  5. Taskbar accessability issues, visually impaired

Taskbar accessability issues, visually impaired: As a visually impaired person, I require the taskbar to be at the top.This forcing it to be only on the bottom, and blocking moving it using the registry is in my opinion a violation of the ADA.Now that you all have effectively blocked ExplorerPatcher, you all need to finish...
  6. Moving notifications visual impairment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving notifications visual impairment: Hello,I have a colleague who is visually impaired - he has no peripheral vision in his right eye. Given this, he is unable to see the notification pop-ups that appear in the lower right corner when he is looking at his computer.I have seen other questions in this forum that...
  7. Moving notifications visual impairment

Moving notifications visual impairment: Hello,I have a colleague who is visually impaired - he has no peripheral vision in his right eye. Given this, he is unable to see the notification pop-ups that appear in the lower right corner when he is looking at his computer.I have seen other questions in this forum that...
  8. For a visually impaired person Screen readers stopped working since the last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For a visually impaired person Screen readers stopped working since the last update: My brother is visually impaired and the only way he has to use his PC is through screen readers but all stopped working since the last and wonderful Windows update (Ive also had many problems with this last update, My PC everytime it boots says theres a problem starting...
  9. Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired

Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired: I have been using pango screen dimmer PangoBright screen dimming utility, from Pangolin Laser Systems with an HP Z23N turned to portrait mode. Pango is the only app I know of that sits in the tray and allows keystroke control of the brightness levels. The needed settings...
  10. Visually impaired and faced with the Win 10 install! :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visually impaired and faced with the Win 10 install! :(: Very poor eyesight. I can't see any text on my screen without the Windows Magnifier. Asperger's, dyslexia, and a whole list of other yucky stuff wrong with my brain that can make life feel like I'm doing hard time! I'm trying to move files from my C drive to the D drive so...