Windows 10: Panzer General 3D Assault - problem with Direct X?

Discus and support Panzer General 3D Assault - problem with Direct X? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There is an old game Panzer General 3D Assault (using DirectX 7) that is still on sale today. This game runs on Windows 10 except for one problem: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BaltaisGulbis, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Panzer General 3D Assault - problem with Direct X?

There is an old game Panzer General 3D Assault (using DirectX 7) that is still on sale today. This game runs on Windows 10 except for one problem:

- there is a black rectangle on top left corner,

- a black square behind the cursor.

Other than partially blocking the sight, these problems do not interfere with gameplay. They only appear when I go to the scenario map, not on the menus.

What could this problem be and is there a fix for it?

I mostly use this game as a source for modding (like redrawing the maps for another game or checking what units are given to the player) so I can live with a few problems - but it would be good to fix them. Sometimes there are simple fixes for old games.

The easiest ways, like running the game as administrator or change the DPI settings, make no changes,. although they may help sometimes. So there must be something incompatible that maybe has a fix.

:)

BaltaisGulbis, Nov 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 18, 2019
  3. KingRay45 Win User
    Can't Get Panzer General 3D to Run on Windows 10

There was a similar question, but that thread is locked. The name of the game is in the subject, SSI doesn't exist anymore, therefore no way to contact developers to see if there's a way to get this thing to run. I got it installed, it starts to run (screen
    turns to black), then I get kicked back out to the desktop. I couldn't create an ISO file, mount it on Windows 10 and see the executables as executables from the virtual drive letter, so I put all the game files in a OneDrive folder from my Windows 7 Ultimate
    machine. It runs fine on that O.S. with the CD. The game was created in 1999, and I just wanted to play it on my new laptop. This laptop has no CD-ROM drive, so I have to be creative. I swear Windows 10 is awful, because it takes even more control over
    someone's machine and doesn't let you get around anything ... including that blasted new version of Internet Explorer. But, that's another issue.

Again, the game is Panzer General 3D

KingRay45, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Panzer General 3D Assault - problem with Direct X?

I need a direct 3D with feature 9_3 or greater.

BossDweeb.I installed the Microsoft Direct X 9.0,but it did not fix my problem.I need a Direct 3D with feature 9_3 or greater.Jesse

JesseHendrix, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Panzer General 3D Assault - problem with Direct X?

1. Panzer General 3D Assault - problem with Direct X? - Similar Threads - Panzer General Assault

2. Direct 3D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Direct 3D: Hi, I have been trying to play a new game and have been getting a prompt that says "A problem occurred initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration may be disabled please run DXDIAG" When i ran DXDIAG it says it is enabled***Move from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming /...
  3. problems with direct x 12

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with direct x 12: when I play dead by daylight or forza horizon 4, the games are working fine when i'm not in the game, when i'm in the game the games freezes. I played fortnite, don't blame me, in the settings is an option for directx 11 and directx 12, when i choose the directx 12, the game...
  4. PROBLEMS WITH DIRECT X! GAMES WILL NOT LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEMS WITH DIRECT X! GAMES WILL NOT LAUNCH: When I try to launch games (through Steam) it tries to perform first time setup of direct X each time. Whenever I try to install anything Direct X manually it comes up with this error - error creating process appdata/local/temp/IXP000.TMP/dxsetup.exe>. REASON:...
  5. direct 3d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    direct 3d: I can't open my facebook because it says it need direct 3d version of 9_3 ...I need answer how I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-3d/ca0ca32c-ff9c-453b-8c7e-52b511433756
  6. Windows ten Direct x problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows ten Direct x problem: So I have installed windows 10 on an iMac through bootcamp and the direct x driver is just not functioning at all on just about any game or application at all I tried a lot of things one of the many pieces to this is that games I own are all set to a 3k resolution with no...
  7. Can't Get Panzer General 3D to Run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Panzer General 3D to Run on Windows 10: There was a similar question, but that thread is locked. The name of the game is in the subject, SSI doesn't exist anymore, therefore no way to contact developers to see if there's a way to get this thing to run. I got it installed, it starts to run (screen turns to black),...
  8. installation problem on direct x 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installation problem on direct x 11: i'm trying to install the dx11 application in my win10 pc . this thing wants me to pick a place for installation ???? what is the correct place to install ? 1st i chose c: program file . but that didnt work ? where should i put the installation directory??????? please rply...
  9. Direct X 12 problem

Direct X 12 problem: I have one program that isn't displaying. The only thing I have found is when testing Direct X 12 is though it says every thing tests OK the green bar on page 1 doesn't move from the center and if I get it to collect information this also only gets 1/3 of the way over. Is...
  10. Direct X 12 problem?

Direct X 12 problem?: I have one program that isn't displaying. The only thing I have found is when testing Direct X 12 is though it says every thing tests OK the green bar on page 1 doesn't move from the center and if I get it to collect information this also only gets 1/3 of the way over. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. panzer general 3d in software mod

2. panzer général 3d assault window 10