Windows 10: Paper mismatch error appears

Discus and support Paper mismatch error appears in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Paper mismatch error appears when printing envelopes from publisher Microsoft 365 where are the additional paper size options?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Alibebe8, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Alibebe8 Win User

Paper mismatch error appears

Paper mismatch error appears when printing envelopes from publisher Microsoft 365 where are the additional paper size options?

:)

Alibebe8, Aug 28, 2020

2. HP 400 Laser Printer-duplex and paper size errors

Hi Norma,

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Kind ly see this link for HP-supported paper size:

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c03303423

Try this following steps to fix the issue

Step 1: Adjust the paper size setting

Check the paper size setting to make sure it matches the paper you want to print.

1. In the program, you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

2. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences, depending on the program options.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. Click Advanced, if necessary, and then click Paper Size.

5. Select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray, and then click OK. If there are no matching paper sizes, select the size from the list that is closest to the size of the paper loaded in the tray.

6. Click OK, and then try to print.

If the error message persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Check the paper source setting

Remove and reload the paper in the input trays, and then check the paper source setting.

1. Remove all the paper from all the printer input trays.

2. Reload the paper, and then adjust the paper width guides so they gently rest against the edge of the paper stack.

3. In the program, you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

4. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences, depending on the program options.

5. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then click Paper Source to select the correct tray.

6. Click OK, and then try to print.

If the error message persists, continue to the next step.

Reset the printer to clear any hardware issues or error states.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

3. Wait a minimum of 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

6. Turn on the printer.

7. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Cannot find scanned paper

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if printer driver is corrupt or it is not installed properly.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • When you say that "I scanned a paper but cannot find where", are you able to scan the paper using the scanner?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on printer related issues and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 28, 2020
  4. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Paper mismatch error appears - Similar Threads - Paper mismatch error

2. Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection: Custom sizes are not showing when I try to send a print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-paper-size-does-not-appear-in-printer/114c6123-9edb-4ef6-a875-038ee75f2e0d
  3. Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection: Custom sizes are not showing when I try to send a print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-paper-size-does-not-appear-in-printer/114c6123-9edb-4ef6-a875-038ee75f2e0d
  4. ERROR CODE : APC INDEX MISMATCH

ERROR CODE : APC INDEX MISMATCH: DEAR SIROUR PROCESSER : AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHzRAM : 16.0 GBWE HAVE PROBLEM ALMOST FROM 6 MONTHS FEQUNTLY ERROR BUT NOT SOLVE ANY SORUCES SO PLZ AY SOLUTINO SO GIVE USBEST REGARDSMAYUR THAKKAR...
  5. Mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mismatch: Hello,I need to resolve a mismatch in the number of microsoft licences allocated to users.There is a mismatch on two different microsoft packages.The number of users is in the 100's so would be difficult to locate.Any advice is much appreciated....
  6. Mismatch

Mismatch: Hello,I need to resolve a mismatch in the number of microsoft licences allocated to users.There is a mismatch on two different microsoft packages.The number of users is in the 100's so would be difficult to locate.Any advice is much appreciated....
  7. APC Index Mismatch Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APC Index Mismatch Error: Dear all, I am working on my Dell Latitude E5400 with latest version of Windows 10 20H2 updates. I have intel support assistant installed in my system along with Dell Support assist and I got couple of updates. Bluetooth and Wifi drivers. After installing updates Audio...
  8. Printer error: Out of Paper. It is not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer error: Out of Paper. It is not.: Following last W10 update my printer will not print. HP psc 1315 all in one. Tried cleaning spoolers, resetting printer, downloading drivers again although 'best drivers already installed' (as rec by MS), cleared cache. It was fine two days prior to update. Not very...
  9. APC INDEX MISMATCH error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APC INDEX MISMATCH error: A short background: My Windows 10 was happy all along until 2 weeks ago when I wanted to upgrade to 1903. In the middle of something it got stuck. I uninstalled Avast and anti ransomeware and the installation was clean and smooth. I replaced Avast with bitdefender, I added...
  10. Cipher suite mismatch error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cipher suite mismatch error: I have WCF service and a client accessing that service hosted on the same production machine(Windosw Server 2016 build) ) for testing purposes, but when the client pings the server, the call ends with an error: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS with authority...