Windows 10: paperport 14 with windows 10

Discus and support paperport 14 with windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I found the problem! In the registry there is an option that cause the crash: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aralim, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Aralim Win User

paperport 14 with windows 10

I found the problem!
    In the registry there is an option that cause the crash:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences
    look for BrowserSelected
    my registry had "Mozilla Firefox"
    I changed it "none"
    PAPERPORT 14.5 STARTED WITH NO PROBLEMS
    NOTE: if it contains "Mozilla Firefox" it will not start.
    Also please note that this problem started with PaperPort 14.0 which was working with Windows 10 64bit with no problems.
    I upgraded to 14.5 w/patch 1 thinking it would correct the problem. Being 14.5 w/patch 1 is Windows 10-compliant, with the upgrade.

JUST THOUGHT SHARE

:)

Aralim, Sep 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 PaperPort

According to Nuance, only Nuance PaperPort 14.5 with Patch 1 is supported under Windows 10. If you haven't installed it, you could do so to see if it starts working again. The solution is to download the Patch 1 installer from this direct link: http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14UPRO_13223__v3.exe
    After downloading it, close PaperPort and run it. If you have't installed 14.5 yet, you can download it from the following links: here are direct download links: Professional http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14UPRO_13264__v4.exe
    Standard http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14USTD_13264__v4.exe

Andre Da Costa, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Paperport 14 compatibility with Creators update

Last week I went to work on a Windows 10 machine that had paperport 14.5 installed. Paperport had been working fine but now it would report back a few seconds after starting that the program had stopped working. After several hours of spinning my wheels
    I noticed that two things were changed on this systems since a windows update had taken place. The windows 10 theme was changed and the default font size had been changed to 120%. I changed the themes and the font size back to the default setting and reboot.
    Paperport is now working again. There is nothing on paperport support site that would suggest that you should look at these two issues has to something that would be causing the problem. Worked for me....good luck.

cadprofessor, Sep 21, 2018
  4. paperport 14 with windows 10

Windows 10 update causes a problem with Paperport 14, a program that worked perfectly before the last update.

The latest Windows 10 update rendered Paperport 14 unusable. Paperport can no longer find the Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner profile. I can operate the scanner through the Control Panel screen so I know it's functional but I want to continue to
    use Paperport 14 which worked perfectly up until the Windows update.

ScienceTeacher65, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

paperport 14 with windows 10

1. paperport 14 with windows 10 - Similar Threads - paperport

2. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paperport 14 failing to load: I have been using Paperport 14 for many years on Windows 10 professional. Three days ago 25th January 2024, it failed to load. I have rebooted the PC but it still fails to load. The last Windows updates recorded are KB5034122 and KB5034275, both installed on 11th January and...
  3. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paperport 14 failing to load: I have been using Paperport 14 for many years on Windows 10 professional. Three days ago 25th January 2024, it failed to load. I have rebooted the PC but it still fails to load. The last Windows updates recorded are KB5034122 and KB5034275, both installed on 11th January and...
  4. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...: Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a brother printer? I have an hp 5520 photosmart printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-paperport-work-with-any-windows-machine-and/08bc397e-20e4-4810-ad95-cac94ac7a6ce
  6. Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...: Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a brother printer? I have an hp 5520 photosmart printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-paperport-work-with-any-windows-machine-and/08bc397e-20e4-4810-ad95-cac94ac7a6ce
  7. Will paperport work with any windows machine and any printer or does it have to be a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. proffesional paperport 14

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    proffesional paperport 14: I need to download program into my PC running windows 10 professional after resetting my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proffesional-paperport-14/7c574600-fcfe-4c0f-a677-67e811abb341
  9. Paperport 14.5- crashed. I uninstalled. Now cannot reinstall b/c says "serial number is...

Paperport 14.5- crashed. I uninstalled. Now cannot reinstall b/c says "serial number is...: I have my paid for purchased copy saved. I have the serial number from this original software download. I know it is correct. But the wizard will *not* take it. Is this perhaps a Windows glitch? I cannot get anywhere with Nuance/Kofax who makes the software. Thought maybe...
  10. problem with paperport 14.5 after upgrad to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with paperport 14.5 after upgrad to win 10 pro: Hello, Recently Update Windows 10 to win pro; and also uses Paperport 14.5 that worked fine befor the updata but now stopped working. After open paperport get a message saying: "PaperPort appears to be running in Windows XP Compatibility Mode which may result in errors....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Paperport 14 Standard

2. paperport windows 10 patch

3. paperport for windows 10

4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences,
  5. TECHNOTE 6629,
  6. paperport does not launch,
  7. https://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14/5pp140firefox_patch.exe,
  8. nuance paperport windows 10,
  9. paperport crash on windows 10,
  10. What is paper port failure error,
  11. windows 10 paperport 14 fix,
  12. compatibility mode paperport,
  13. changing hkey_current_user\software\scansoft\paperport\paperport user preferences,
  14. user profile causing issues with paperport windows 10,
  15. paperport compatibility error windows 10