Windows 10: PaperPort Professional 14.5 stopped working under Windows 10

Discus and support PaperPort Professional 14.5 stopped working under Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Within the last 4 weeks PaperPort has stopped working on my laptop. Prior to this, I was able to use PaperPort to scan, view, re-arrange, change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThinksHeIsATech, Oct 26, 2019.

1. PaperPort Professional 14.5 stopped working under Windows 10

Within the last 4 weeks PaperPort has stopped working on my laptop. Prior to this, I was able to use PaperPort to scan, view, re-arrange, change security settings, etc. I am running a ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st Generation with Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. I apply all Windows updates. Now PaperPort will not open. I have tried to uninstall, repair, complete remove and reinstall the application. The application will "begin" to start", with the logo coming up on the screen. However, the actual application never opens for usage in any way.

With all the Windows updates, and some of the "unintended" consequences, did a change in Windows break PaperPort 14.5?

Thank you.

:)

ThinksHeIsATech, Oct 26, 2019

2. Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10

Hello my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I will try to resolve your problem with your Paperport 14 installation.

According to what I've seen on the internet the only compatible version of Paperport with Windows 10 is Paperport 14.5 with patch 1. Which means the Paperport version you're using might need to be updated.

Below is a link to a tutorial page where you find the link to download the updated Paperport 14.5 already patched and step by step instructions on installation, uninstalling, and troubleshooting. After noting the disclaimer please proceed to the site and follow
    its instructions.

I apologize but the steps are too long and too complex to paste here.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/17490...

When you have a moment please keep updated as to your progress

Omoikane1122, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Nuance Paperport Professional 14 suddenly stopped working.

I've had this program for a long time and depend on it. It was working properly on my Windows 10 system until it just stopped about3 days ago. Has there been a recent update that I need to address in order to restore Paperport's functionality? Removing
    and completely re-installing did nothing./

MichaelRuiz847, Oct 26, 2019
  4. PaperPort Professional 14.5 stopped working under Windows 10

Windows 10 PaperPort

According to Nuance, only Nuance PaperPort 14.5 with Patch 1 is supported under Windows 10. If you haven't installed it, you could do so to see if it starts working again. The solution is to download the Patch 1 installer from this direct link: http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14UPRO_13223__v3.exe
    After downloading it, close PaperPort and run it. If you have't installed 14.5 yet, you can download it from the following links: here are direct download links: Professional http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14UPRO_13264__v4.exe
    Standard http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14USTD_13264__v4.exe

Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

PaperPort Professional 14.5 stopped working under Windows 10

1. PaperPort Professional 14.5 stopped working under Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PaperPort Professional stopped

2. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paperport 14 failing to load: I have been using Paperport 14 for many years on Windows 10 professional. Three days ago 25th January 2024, it failed to load. I have rebooted the PC but it still fails to load. The last Windows updates recorded are KB5034122 and KB5034275, both installed on 11th January and...
  3. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paperport 14 failing to load: I have been using Paperport 14 for many years on Windows 10 professional. Three days ago 25th January 2024, it failed to load. I have rebooted the PC but it still fails to load. The last Windows updates recorded are KB5034122 and KB5034275, both installed on 11th January and...
  4. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. proffesional paperport 14

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    proffesional paperport 14: I need to download program into my PC running windows 10 professional after resetting my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proffesional-paperport-14/7c574600-fcfe-4c0f-a677-67e811abb341
  6. PaperPort 14 - Cannot create printer device context

PaperPort 14 - Cannot create printer device context: I have been using PaperPort 14 for a long time. I recently installed a new printer and am now getting an error (while trying to print) that says "Cannot create printer device context." When I look it up online it shows the fix for it is the reinstall the fax driver. Is...
  7. Paperport not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paperport not working: When I opened PaperPort professional 14, a window opened informing me the program appears to be operating in Windows XP compatibility mode; the note recommended the disabling of compatibility mode for PaperPort.exe; for additional information I was referred to technote 6629,...
  8. Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10

Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10: I recently loaded the program "Paperport 14" from Nuance. I had no problem loading it but when I tried to open the program it gave me an error dialog box saying I need to change the compatibility mode to function properly. I went to the properties area for the program and if...
  9. paperport 14 with windows 10

paperport 14 with windows 10: I found the problem! In the registry there is an option that cause the crash: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences look for BrowserSelected my registry had "Mozilla Firefox" I changed it "none" PAPERPORT 14.5 STARTED WITH NO PROBLEMS NOTE:...
  10. NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14

NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14: I've bought and paid for PaperPort 14 twice; both times to be told that I've reinstalled it too many times and I can no longer activate it! Enough, already, Nuance! Somewhere along the line, in the last week or so, I got a notification about NAPS2, so I downloaded the file...