Windows 10: Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error"

Discus and support Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I managed to do create one disk image of my laptop using Paragon Backup and Recovery, but when I try to do new one I get the error "VSS specific error"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ricecrispies, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error"

I managed to do create one disk image of my laptop using Paragon Backup and Recovery, but when I try to do new one I get the error "VSS specific error" and an instruction to look at the logs. When I try to look at the logs for the failed attempts to create an image I get a pop-up telling me "File parsing error - wrong or unsupported file format", followed by another saying "File read error - most likely it is a file reading error"

Could someone please either tell me how to get this working or else suggest a free or very cheap alternative (apart from Macrium, which I couldn't get to work either)? Thanks!

:)

ricecrispies, Apr 23, 2017
  2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error" :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Apr 23, 2017
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

1-hey ..! i did a format to my nokia n97 few days ago .. before i did the format i had the problem that sometimes when i go to photos its says " memory full close some applicartions ..." and now i have it again ! so i just wanna know how to
    solve this problem its really annoying !

2- my best music kind is trance ,, but i dont enjoy listening trance on my n97 coz music does'nt sound good for this kind of music .. so i want to know if there is a way to make n97 music sounds like x6 or even 5800 ( i guess ) .. through some
    application or through equalizer or whatever ! i dont wanna get another phone Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error" :(

hope u help me .. ! thanks Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error" :)

hitch_11, Apr 23, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error"

I am surprised you could not get Macrium to work. Your issue is vss related and Macrium has a "fix vss issues" option. All other tools are likely to have similar issues but two good free tools are AOMEI Backupper and Easeus Todo Backup Free.

You can install Macrium and add a boot entry for it. Then when you want to use it, you reboot into Macrium winpe environment which does not use vss.

cereberus, Apr 23, 2017
  5. Thank you! I have started a backup with AOMEI and it seems to be going OK. I won't mark this as solved until I've made sure that the backup has finished and I have managed to create working recovery media.

Am I right to understand that VSS is part of Windows and that therefore I have been up against a shortcoming in the OS (fine though Windows is in many other ways)?

ricecrispies, Apr 24, 2017
  6. By the way, I've just remembered what it was that didn't work for me with Macrium. It was that it couldn't create bootable recovery media for my machine.

7. cereberus Win User
    That seems very odd. You might have needed to select an earlier Winpe version.

cereberus, Apr 24, 2017
  8. Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error"

It was for a laptop that I bought new this year.

9. cereberus Win User
    Some laptops have old bioses that do not like winpe 10. Mine did not even like win pe5 but ran ok on winpe 4 and not even two years old.

cereberus, Apr 24, 2017
  10. Storm8873 Win User
    With Paragon you can use it's HotCore in place of Microsoft VSS. That's what I did to solve that problem on one of my PCs. You might have to change your Paragon installation as it's not installed by default.

Storm8873, Apr 24, 2017
  11. SIW2 Win User
    YES, Aomei will switch to it's own snapshot driver if vss isn't working.

Paragon also has a driver, can't recall if it is installed automatically, you may need to run the Paragon .msi again, as already mentioned by Storm.

12. Gordon7 Win User
    Remember to disable your AV (Win Defender and Smart screen) if you run your image to a external USB drive.
    Always run your image program by right-click and "Run as Administrator"

A lot of strange errors are often caused by AV programs interfering with the backup process!

Gordon7, May 2, 2017
  13. Fabler2 Win User

Had exactly the same errors on three laptops. Not confident with Paragon any more so dumped it and gone for Macrium , which works OK for me.

Fabler2, May 19, 2017
  14. RolandJS Win User
    Does VSS during a backup operations need some free byte-space to function properly within said backup? I'm wanting to learn more.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Paragon Backup and Recovery complains about "VSS specific error" - Similar Threads - Paragon Backup Recovery

2. Paragon BR gives NT specific error 0xc000009c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paragon BR gives NT specific error 0xc000009c: If I want to make an image with Paragon backup and recovery, backups stop after a while and I get the following error message:Operation Failed. VSS: Cannot Read volume data.Error Source: Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Error Code: 0x100016If I make the backup via the startup USB...
  3. Paragon BR gives NT specific error 0xc000009c

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paragon BR gives NT specific error 0xc000009c: If I want to make an image with Paragon backup and recovery, backups stop after a while and I get the following error message:Operation Failed. VSS: Cannot Read volume data.Error Source: Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Error Code: 0x100016If I make the backup via the startup USB...
  4. Paragon BR gives NT specific error 0xc000009c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium): So I just started using macrium and I’m curious about something I installed it on my windows disk and backed up that entire disk onto an external hard drive and have created a usb rescue for it but I’m not sure about something... I know you can restore it through the usb or...
  6. Customers complaining about website.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Customers complaining about website.: My customers have been complaining that my websites is not working for them. They are telling me it was working before but after the windows update there pc started getting slow making it difficult for them to browse my website. We keep checking if there could be something...
  7. A complain about MSE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A complain about MSE: Hi I am Mitun i have query about MSE THAT IS IT CANNOT RESTORE THE QUARANTINED ITEM It says like this The following error occurred: Error code 0x80508023. The program could not find the malware and other potentially unwanted software on this computer....
  8. Paragon Backup and Recovery 17 - New

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Paragon Backup and Recovery 17 - New: Paragon have recently released Backup and Recovery 17 free. (Presumably the Hard Disk Manager 17 will be released soon.) Pros: It is relatively easy to use It offers several different image formats Cons: The files added to winpe are large The ability to exclude...
  9. Any Paragon 'Backup & Recovery 16' users on here ? Quick question.

Any Paragon 'Backup & Recovery 16' users on here ? Quick question.: With talk of Windows own disk imaging getting side-lined when the next big Windows Feature Update is released I thought I would at least look at alternatives. Macrium I'm familiar with, Paragon I was curious over. I tried both the full trial version of Paragon Backup and...
  10. Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free for limited period

Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free for limited period: At Paragon Software, we believe that system and data protection is underrated by many users. Unfortunately, this subset of users only think about safeguarding their PCs after disaster has already struck. For a limited period, we're therefore offering the software for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paragon backup and recovery 15 vss error when backing up

2. vss specific error paragon